How to do Business with CSULB
- Campus departments find and decide upon vendors for goods and services.
- The requesting campus department submits a requisition to Procurement Services through CFS. How to enter a requisition (CSU staff only – login required).
- Procurement Services reviews the requisition and requests additional information if needed. Campus departments will initiate a Supplier Data Record Form 204 (DocuSign) for vendors not already in the system. How to fill out a Supplier Data Record Form 204 (PDF) (CSU staff only – login required).
- Once all necessary information is received, a purchase order is issued on behalf of the requisition and is sent to the vendor.
Standard insurance minimums:
- General liability insurance – Minimum: $1,000,000 per occurrence, $2,000,000 general aggregate
- Automobile liability – Minimum: $1,000,000
- Workers’ compensation – Minimum: $1,000,000
- University shall be named and endorsed as an additionally insured for general liability and automobile liability.
Individual requests may require higher levels of coverage or additional endorsements, such as a waiver of subrogation. The university buyer will provide the minimum insurance requirements that are unique to the specific goods/services being provided to the university.
Vendors may view and bid upon current CSU opportunities and are responsible for verifying that their information is current. All non-Public Works CSULB bids will be posted to CSUBuy. Interested vendors can register at the following:
- PlanetBids (Public Works/Construction only)
CSULB supports the goals established by the Office of Small Business and DVBE Services (OSDS) for small businesses in the provision of goods, information technology, state services, and construction of state facilities.
Small or disadvantaged businesses must be registered with the State of California as a Small Business Enterprise (SBE). How to certify for Small Business and DVBE.
To receive bid preference, the following are required from small businesses:
- Evidence of DGS certification
- Small Business Preference Form or an equivalent advisory statement
For further information, please visit the Office of Small Business and DVBE Services at the Division of General Services. For more information on CSULB’s Small Business and DVBE Services, please visit our Small Business and DVBE page.
CSULB SBE and DVBE Advocate Contact: