Bachelor of Arts in Dance
Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree in Dance
All students enter CSULB Dance in the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Dance program, providing students with a balanced course of study that prepares them for careers in dance as performers, educators, arts administrators, health and fitness specialists, and/or graduate study in dance while providing opportunities for study in specific areas of personal interest.
For up to date degree requrments, visit the CSULB Catalog.
Student Learning Outcomes for BA in Dance
- Majors will demonstrate competency in modern dance, ballet, jazz, and hip hop, enabling them to pursue careers in dance and dance-related fields such as dance education, studio-based teaching, performance/choreography, and health and fitness.
- Majors will describe historical, socio-cultural, and scientific dimensions of dance.
- Majors will practice the fundamental skills and techniques necessary for the public performance of dance.
- Majors will demonstrate skills in the production and technological aspects of dance.
- Majors will analyze and describe the craft and aesthetic qualities of dance orally, practically, and in writing.