Skip to main content
Dance Center Space Book
Studio Etiquette -- Rules & Regulations
- Users must follow all COVID-19 Protocols (Masks must be worn at all times).
- No food or drink is allowed in studios (except bottled water). Drink water outside of the studio.
- Dance Majors may only reserve and use studios outside class time.
- Do not move or use the piano.
- Do not wear street shoes in any of the studios. Any shoes used outside the studio are considered street shoes.
- Studios 1, 2, 3, and 4:
- Bare feet, Ballet Shoes, and Jazz Shoes without rubber soles.
- Studio 5:
- Tap shoes, Character shoes, Flamenco shoes, Designated Tennis Shoes for Dance, and all other Dance shoes.
- Studio 6:
- Bare feet, designated Tennis shoes for dance, and all other Dances shoes.
- Studio 7:
- Bare feet, Ballet shoes, Jazz Shoes without rubber soles, and Character shoes.
- Please clean up after yourself, pick up all bottles, clothes, etc.
- Do not prop doors open EVER. Especially any door that leads to the street.
- Close windows; turn off lights and fans; dust mop floor; wipe down bars (if used), and close all doors before leaving the studio.
- Keep all of your belongings with you at all times.
Reserving Studio Space - Policy & Directions
- Current Dance Majors can reserve and use studio space to work on projects for dance classes and/or their own choreographic work.
- The Dance Center Studios are open:
- Monday-Friday: 9AM-4:30PM
- Saturday & Sunday: Closed
- Priority will be given in the following order:
- Current concert in production
- Departmental needs
- Dance Faculty
- MFA Students
- Dance Majors
- You may only check out no more than 2 hours total of studio time each day. If you reserve more than 2 hours in multiple studios in one day, we will cancel all of your requests.
How to Reserve Space
- Click the link at the bottom of this page titled “RESERVE SPACE.”
- Choose how long you’d like to sign out space for (30min, 45min, 1hr, 2hrs)
- Select a studio under “Select Staff”
- You can also choose “anyone,” if you have a time preference, not a studio preference. You will be informed of which studio you reserved in your confirmation email.
- Select the time you want your session to begin.
- Input your FULL name, school email address, and phone number
- Including your phone number will make it easier for us to contact you if we have to change or cancel your reservation.
- Note how many people you will share the studio with.
- Click “Book” at the bottom of the page and check your email for confirmation.
- If you no longer need the space, please cancel your reservation through the “Change Your Appointment” link listed at the end of your confirmation email. b. If you need to edit your reservation, please do so through the “Change Your Appointment” link listed at the end of your confirmation email. · Anyone using the dance space must comply with the “Studio Etiquette” guidelines listed above.
- NO STUDENT CAN RESERVE SPACE FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT INVOLVES PEOPLE FROM THE OUTSIDE. Anyone who is not a currently enrolled dance major is someone from the outside. If you would like to reserve space for an outside group, you must rent the studio. Please submit any request to Sylvia Rodriguez-Scholz at least two weeks in advance via email Sylvia.Rodriguez@csulb.edu.