Events & Workshops
The Career Development Center (CDC) provides a variety of professional development and employer events to help you explore and prepare for career opportunities as well as connect with employers to gain insight on the current job market and the skills needed to succeed. View upcoming events on the CDC Events page.
Professional Development Events
Through our workshops and internship events, you will gain valuable information, resources, and strategies to help you explore career opportunities and give you a competitive edge in the job/internship search process.
The CDC offers workshops each semester on a variety of topics, such as:
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing
- Top Interview Tips
- Job and Internship Search
- Getting the Most Out of LinkedIn
- Salary Negotiation
- Grad School 101
View upcoming workshops and webinars on the CDC Events page.
Each year, the CDC hosts different internship events to help students understand what they can expect from an internship while learning important strategies and tools to secure internship opportunities. Upcoming internship events will be announced soon.
Past internship events include:
- Search and Prepare for Internships
- Alternative Real-World Experiences
- Identify and Market Transferable Skills for Internships
- Steps for Easier Networking
- Industry Insights: Hiring Trends
- Employer and Student Internship Real Talk
The CDC hosts several Jobs Fairs, Information Sessions, and Industry Speaker Series each year where you can talk face-to-face with employers and learn more about internship and employment opportunities.
Job Fairs are a great way for you to meet with a large number of employers who are specifically seeking CSULB students for the purpose of employment. Companies may have entry-level (or higher) career openings, part-time positions, and/or paid and volunteer internships.
Preparing to Attend a Job Fair
To know what to expect from a job fair and how to make a good impression, take advantage of the following resources:
- Making the Most of the Job Fair Handout
- CDC Job & Internship Search page
- Instructions for scheduling an appointment with a career counselor
Additionally, the CDC hosts Prepare for the Job Fair workshops prior to each job fair. View upcoming workshops and webinars on the CDC Events page.
Spring 2023 Job Fairs
The following Job Fairs will be offered during the spring semesters.
Spring Virtual Job and Internship Fair - CANCELLED
- Thursday, February 16, 2023
Spring In-Person Job and Internship Fair
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- View Participating Employers - 2023 Spring Job & Internship Fair (symplicity.com)
Just-in-Time Job and Internship Fair
- Thursday, April 13, 2023
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- View Participating Employers - 2023 Just-In-Time Job & Internship Fair (symplicity.com)
Educators' Job and Internship Fair
- Friday, April 28, 2023
- 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
- View Participating Employers - 2023 Educators' Job Fair (symplicity.com)
Fall 2023 Job Fairs - Coming Soon
For questions, fill out our online form or call (562) 985-4151.
Past Job Fairs
2022 Job Fairs:
- Fall In-Person Job and Internship Fair on 10/19/2022 - List of Attendees
- Fall Virtual Job and Internship Fair on 10/12/2022 - List of Attendees
- Engineering and Technology Career Fair on 9/14/2022 - List of Attendees
- On-Campus Student Employment Job Fair on 8/18/2022 - List of Attendees
- Just-In-Time Job and Internship Fair on 4/28/2022 - List of Attendees
- Educators' Job and Internship Fair on 4/8/2022 - List of Attendees
- Spring Virtual Job and Internship Fair on 3/3/2022 - List of Attendees
2021 Job Fairs:
- Fall Virtual Job and Internship Fair on 10/20/2021 - List of Attendees
- Engineering and Technology Virtual Career Fair on 9/22/2021 - List of Attendees
- Just-In-Time Virtual Fair on 5/26/2021 - List of Attendees
- Educators' Virtual Job Fair on 4/16/2021 - List of Attendees
- Spring Virtual Job and Internship Fair on 2/17/2021 - List of Attendees
An Information Session is a presentation given by an employer in an informal environment to provide you with details about the various career paths and benefits offered by their company.
Information Sessions offer the following opportunities:
- Gain a realistic, insider's viewpoint of work life in a specific industry
- Network with employers
- Ask questions directly or in a group session
Below is a sample of employers who have hosted previous Information Sessions at the CDC:
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Disney College Program
- Peace Corps
- Target Stores
- The Boeing Company
Each semester, the CDC hosts Industry Speaker Series where employers from a specific industry are invited to share career insights and professional experiences within their field. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and tips from industry experts.
Fall 2022 Industry Speaker Series
The following Industry Speaker Series will be offered during the fall semester.
Industry Speaker Series: Career Paths in Psychology
- Thursday, September 29
- 12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
Industry Speaker Series: Supply Chain Management
- Thursday, October 27
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Find more information about upcoming Industry Speaker Series on the CDC Events page.
Past Industry Speaker Series
- Videogame Development
- Professional Sports
The Career Development Center (CDC) serves current students and alumni. Visit the CDC Alumni page for information on accessing services after graduation.