Program Review and Assessment
The Program Review & Assessment Office works with degree programs and academic support-units in Academic Affairs to develop meaningful outcomes and assessment strategies that will be incorporated into periodic program review. Both assessment and program review are requirements for CSULB, the CSU system, and the WSCUC region.
About Program Assessment
The Assessment office helps departments and academic programs ensure students graduate with highly valued degrees by:
- Supporting the scholarship of learning on campus;
- Assisting individuals working on learning objectives at the course level;
- Providing feedback to departments and programs about methods for assessing student learning at the program level and ensuring alignment with GE and institutional-level outcomes as well as WSCUC Core Competencies;
- Working with departments and programs to develop viable assessment plans;
- Working with the offices of Student Assessment and Institutional Research to assist the university in its core commitment to assess student success;
- Providing information about assessment activities such as conferences, websites, and e-learning opportunities.
About Program Review
The Program Review office helps departments, academic programs, and academic support programs ensure students graduate with highly valued degrees by:
- Assisting departments and programs as they complete the self-study for program review (powerpoint tutorial available - PDF);
- Working with departments and the VPAA to determine a suitable external reviewer for program review;
- Supporting UPRC members in the drafting of program-review reports and recommendations to departments and programs.
More information on the program-review process may be found at the Program Assessment Review Council link.
Assessment Tutorial Videos
Creating an Assessment Plan
This frameset document contains:
Program Review Tutorial Videos
Preparing for Program Review (coming soon)