VetSuccess On Campus
VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) is a partnership between the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) and CSU Long Beach designed to "help Veterans, Servicemembers, and their qualified dependents succeed and thrive through a coordinated delivery of on-campus benefits assistance and counseling, leading to completion of their education and preparing them to enter the labor market in viable careers" (USDVA).
The USDVA provides a VetSuccess on Campus Counselor to work in the CSULB Veterans Services office to provide the following services:
- On-campus outreach to Veterans
- Transition support services
- Referrals for VA medical and mental health services
- Adjustment and career counseling services specific to VA benefits and Veteran issues
- Assistance in applying for other VA benefits
- Job placement assistance and coordination with local Disabled Veterans’ Outreach Program (DVOP) Specialists and Local Veterans’ Employment Representatives (LVERs)
- Referrals to campus services as necessary
For further information or to make an appointment, please contact:
Lois Daz, VetSuccess On Campus Counselor Lois.Daz@va.gov
Virtual appointments are scheduled Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.
When contacting, please indicate which campus you attend and the days you are available to meet. For example, "Mondays after 12:00 pm".