Our primary mission is to ensure that eligible CSULB student veterans receive the G.I. Bill® benefits they earned by serving in the armed forces of the United States. Additionally, we process benefits certification for dependents using the G.I. Bill® or the CalVet Fee Waiver.
All Chapters (30, 31, 33, 35 & 1606)
Continuing student veterans, service members and dependents who wish to be certified for V.A. Educational Benefits each term must request certification when they register. This will give us the opportunity to resolve any certification issues before they cause a payment delay.
Beginning Winter 2022, requests for certification will be submitted in your Student Center (MyCSULB). Instructions are here: How to Request Enrollment Certification (PDF) If you are unable to access "Veteran Benefit" in your Student Center please contact our office.
If you would like to be certified for classes you are taking at another school, fill out the Request for Parent School Letter on BeachBoard.
Monthly Certification (33 & 1606)
GI Bill® or GI Bill®GI Bill®
CalVet College Fee Waiver
The dependent child, spouse or unmarried surviving spouse of a service-connected disabled or deceased veteran may be entitled to fee waiver benefits at any State of California Community College, California State University, or University of California campus.
To use the CalVet College Fee Waiver at CSULB:
- You must apply each academic year at a County Veterans Services Office. CSULB does not determine eligibility for the CalVet Fee Waiver.
- If found eligible, the County Veterans Services will provide you with an authorization or award letter. Submit a copy of your award letter to the CSULB Veterans Services Office for processing. Do not complete a Request for Enrollment Certification form unless you are also using Chapter 35 benefits.
Note- Students must submit their award letters at least one week before the Tuition Fee is due or they may be responsible for payment. Payments toward the Tuition Fee may be refunded once the award letter is processed.
Other important information about the CalVet Fee Waiver:
- The CalVet Fee Waiver covers mandatory system-wide fees, i.e. the Tuition Fee at CSULB. All other fees are the responsibility of the student.
- This fee waiver cannot be used for programs or courses taken through the College of Professional and International Education, including winter and summer sessions, except for select programs offering State-Supported courses during the summer.
- You must be a California resident to use this fee waiver.