The Office of Student Life and Development (SLD) is pleased to offer the Student Academic Travel Grant. The grant is available for currently enrolled CSULB students wishing to grow in their academic discipline by presenting an academic paper/research or a poster presentation at a professional academic conference, workshop, seminar, and/or lecture. The SLD Student Academic Travel Grant aims to supplement the cost of the conference registration and/or membership (only if required to present) fees to an academic conference.
The grant recipient may use the funds for reimbursement of their conference registration and/or membership (only if required to present) fees. Students presenting an academic paper/research are eligible to receive up to $400.00 while students conducting poster presentations are eligible to receive up to $300.00. Please allow 6-8 weeks for reimbursement if awarded funding.
Submit your application material in person to the Student Life & Development Office (USU-215)
For additional, possible funding resources, please contact your academic college and department. Students are also encouraged to apply for the Associated Students Inc. (ASI) by emailing email@example.com
- Be enrolled as a current CSULB student at the time of application submission AND the semester the conference is held. Students enrolled through the College of Continuing Profession and Education (CCPE) are not eligible.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in 12 units and possess a minimum CUM GPA of 2.0 at time of application. Graduate students must be enrolled in 9 units and possess a minimum CUM GPA of 3.0 at time of application.
- The SLD Student Academic Travel Grant may be awarded to a student only once as an undergraduate and only once as a graduate.
- Visit the CSULB Travel Policies website for a listing of all travel policies.
- Volunteering or attending a conference
- Receiving an award or compensation for services rendered
- Teaching others
- A class assignment or study abroad
- Visiting colleges and universities for potential enrollment
- Job fairs or for recreation and/or pleasure