TIER CLASSIFICATION DEADLINES
All student organization activities and events must be reserved and approved by the following deadlines:
Tier 1 Events: Activities that include information tabling, general meeting spaces, study halls and pre-packaged food sales facilitated by student organizations, departments, and/or individuals.
· Reserve with Campus Events Office (CEO) (USU-221) at least 2 business days in advance
· Approval required at least 1 business day in advance
Tier 2 Events: Programs and activities that include, but are not limited to, multiple groups tabling at one event, and programs publicized outside of the organization. This tier includes speakers who are CSULB students, staff, faculty, and/or alumni.
· Reserve with CEO at least 15 business days in advance
· Approval required at least 5 business days in advance
Tier 3 Events: Programs and activities that include youth, local/regional conferences, speakers/activities publicized on campus outside of the organization, and outreach events. This tier may involve contracts with off campus vendors/speakers.
· Request with CEO at least 40 business days in advance
· Approval required at least 10 business days in advance
Tier 4 Events: Programs and activities that may be open to the general public, may include ticketing, and could include national conferences. This tier typically includes contracts with off campus vendors/speakers. These events will require risk assessment.
· Request with CEO at least 60 business days in advance
· Approval required at least 20 business days in advance
Online Sales for Organization Purposes: CashNet is the only approved system to sell tickets, merchandise, collect membership dues, accept donations, etc.
- Venmo, EventBrite, Square, GoFundMe, PayPal, etc. MAY NOT be used to collect funds for CSULB events or other club functions
- Tickets may also be sold through Carpenter Performing Arts Center’s, the Pyramid’s, and the USU's Ticketing Offices
- Sanctions against your organization may be placed if your organization violates any Cash Handling and/or sales policies