Diversity & Social Justice
The DSJ’s objective is to support the CAPS’s mission through needs-based assessment and data collection, implementing evidence based processes and procedures, creating opportunities for professional development and personal growth, and by reevaluating the impact of current policies on our students, faculty, staff, and campus community
The Diversity & Social Justice Team’s mission is to support the Counseling & Psychological Services Department in promoting an enriching and supportive climate committed to inclusivity, access, and equity. We are dedicated to addressing all forms of systemic oppression, racism, and discrimination, both internally as a center and externally in our community.
- To review and advise on Search and Hire processes and procedures.
- To liaison with the Search Committee Chair and CAPS Director
- To advocate for representation (equity advisor) on all appropriate teams/committees at CAPS.
- To continue having representation (equity advisor)on all appropriate teams/committees at CAPS.
- To suggest and implement Professional Development activities/trainings and liaison with the PD Chair
- Facilitate monthly Departmental Diversity Dialogues
Audit of Practices & Procedures
- To create a DSJ focused CAPS employee climate (acceptance) survey
- To create a DSJ focused student climate (acceptance) survey
- To review current departmental policies and procedures regarding department employees.
- To review current departmental policies and procedures impacting students