A summary of all parking program changes for fall semester 2020 is provided below:
- E11 will be converted to General Parking to provide parking for students closer to upper/central campus.
- G5 will be converted to Employee Parking.
- In order to increase security, certain parking lots and buildings on campus have been closed.
- The most current info regarding open/closed lots can be found at Maps.
- On-campus shuttles (West Loop, East Loop, All Campus Tripper) will not operate due to primarily remote instruction and social distancing requirements.
- Beachside shuttle will not operate as Beachside Housing is currently closed.
- The Los Coyotes shuttle route has been permanently discontinued due to low ridership. Travel to campus from the traffic circle area will now be provided by Long Beach Transit.
- Full program info can be found at Shuttles.
Long Beach Transit Pass
Long Beach Transit Passes are not available for sale at this time. For full information please visit Long Beach Transit.
- Previously available to employees only, the Rideshare Rewards program will now be open to students.
- Rideshare Reward points are earned by commuting to campus sustainably and submitting rideshare entries via Zimride.
- Eligible transportation modes include: Bus, bike, scooter, skateboard, carpool, vanpool, electric vehicle, electric motorcycle, electric Vespa-styled scooter.
- Eligibility begins on September 1, 2020.
- A monthly raffle will select four rewards members for a prize of $50 in Beach Bucks each.
- Full rewards info is available at Rideshare Rewards.
Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH)
- Rideshare Rewards members will qualify for two emergency rides home per year.
- Full program information is available at GRH.
Parking Permit Fee Increases (non-student)
- Starting July 1, 2020, prices will increase for select non-student permit types.
- Full information about price increase amounts is available at 4-year price increase.
EV Charging Fees
- Electric Vehicle charging fees on campus will increase from $0.25 to $0.29/kWh for staff, faculty, students and auxiliary employees.
- Electric Vehicle charging fees will remain constant at $0.40/kWh for campus visitors
- Additional information can be found at Electric Vehicles.
Daily Permit purchases
- Daily permits will now be valid only in the lot in which they are purchased.
- More information can be found at Permits.
LA Metro program
- Due to financial constraints, we will not be renewing the LA Metro discounted student pass through CSULB.
- Discounted student passes are still available directly from LA Metro.
Note: Individuals should limit any non-essential travel to campus whenever possible. If you do choose to park on campus, a valid parking permit is required at all times.
For further questions, please feel free to email us directly at ParkingGeneral@csulb.edu.