A notice or announcement in a public medium promoting an event, course/class offerings or job vacancy. *This does not include Public Advertisement requirements for bidding purposes. Please refer to the Procurement Office for further explanation.
For advertisements with the DAILY 49ER, departments can go directly to the service provider for instructions.
No, if all of the following apply, see Payments and Approvals section. However, if the purchase will be from a foreign supplier, there are Foreign Purchase requirements to address. Please complete those requirements before continuing with the purchase.
- The DAILY 49ER chargeback process is used
- Advertisement is less than or equal to $9,999
- No signed document (contract, agreement, other) is required
Other advertisements: Yes, if a signed document is required or if the amount is greater than $9,999.
If a requisition is required, the minimum time for generating a dispatched Purchase Order (PO):
A minimum of 10 working days after Purchasing receives all completed documentation.
Administrative Guidelines Related to this Purchase?
Key Purchasing Requirements and Quote/Bid Thresholds?
Additional Forms or Requirements?
Proof of performance - Ad copy, tear sheets, proof copy (or print screen for online ads) is required with all forms of payment.
By accepting a contract with the CSU, Contractors must certify they are neither nor its principals or its subcontractors are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation in transactions by any federal department or agency (2 Code Federal Regulations[CFR] 180.220, in accordance with the Office of Management and Budget guidelines at 2 CFR 180 that implement Executive Orders 12549 (3 CFR Part 1986 Comp., p. 189) and 12689 (3 CFR Part 1989 Comp., p. 235).
For contracts using both, CSU and federally awarded funds, a debarment check must be completed prior to issuing any procurement contracts of goods or services that are $25,000.00 or greater.
Risk Management Review Required?
Payments and Approvals
- Permitted Payment Options: Subject to the above requirements.
- PO – Allowed
- ProCard – Allowed
- One Card – Allowed
- Direct Pay – Allowed
- Employee Reimbursement – Not Allowed
- Documents required:
- Supplier Invoice
- Additional required documents listed under the Additional Forms or Requirements section above.
- Delegated approval (DOA) using one of the following options
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Dispatched PO & receipt of goods through Shipping & Receiving (no action required by requesting department)
- Authorized stamp on invoice referencing PO# and Acknowledgement of Service
- Electronic approval (via email) sent directly to email@example.com
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Contingent Documents
- Payment Notes:
- All checks will be mailed by the Accounts Payable department
Invoices received by Accounts Payable, prior to payment, are routed to the requester or approver to verify receipt of service or items. Reference the Invoice Approval Process for more information.
Daily 49er Payments: Chargebacks are paid through campus consolidated invoicing. Service providers obtain Speedcharts (PDF) and pre-approval at initial setup and do not require additional documentation each month.
It is the University's practice to advertise on FisCAL for goods, services and public works projects.
Common GL Account(s) to Use
- 660017 - Advert & Promo Publications
- 660042 – Recruitment and Employee Relocation (for recruitment advertisements)
Refer to your Division/College/Department for additional policies and procedures.