Vision, Mission, & Goals of the Faculty Center
Our vision is for the Faculty Center to be a beacon of excellence in promoting and embracing equitable and inclusive practices in pedagogy, scholarship, and service, and in building a community of faculty, staff, and students at CSULB.
Our Mission and Goals
The mission of the Faculty Center, as an integral component of Faculty Affairs, is to create a welcoming environment for faculty members to seek both support and community. The primary goals of the Center include:
Fostering Inclusive Excellence in Pedagogy, Scholarship, and Service by
- Acquainting faculty members with the diverse needs of students in terms of abilities, experiences, and ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds, and empowering the faculty by providing them with the necessary tools to work with students in and out of the classroom thereby enhancing student success
- Cultivating a culture of classroom innovation that will equip faculty members with pedagogical tools and strategies that foster an inclusive and engaging classroom climate; expand access to learning for students of different backgrounds, experiences, affiliations, and abilities; and develop students’ critical thinking skills
- Nurturing a culture of inclusive dialogue that will foster successful and effective mentoring relationships among faculty and students of diverse backgrounds
- Acquainting faculty with resources and programs designed to support them in developing and sustaining their research, scholarly and creative activities
- Fostering a culture of service and civic responsibility among faculty.
- Assisting faculty with career planning and retention, tenure, and promotion
Embracing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as an Asset by
- Celebrating diversity among faculty (staff and students) with the goal of recruiting and retaining faculty who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Catering to the needs of all faculty (Lecturer, Tenure-Track, and Tenured Faculty) at all stages of their professional careers
Promoting Faculty Social, Emotional, and General Wellbeing and Building Community by
- Promoting a campus culture of belonging among CSULB faculty, staff, and students
- Creating a collegial environment of shared purpose and mutual support, and promoting a culture of campus collaboration in teaching, scholarship, and service
- Creating a safe space for various faculty constituents and providing a welcoming environment for faculty to seek both support and community
Visit our website often for the latest news about our events, activities, and services, and find resources about teaching and learning, scholarship, and service.