Part-time Faculty Pool
If you are interested in submitting an application for our part-time faculty pool, please send us
- A letter of application with email address, addressing minimum and desired/preferred qualifications.
- Current resume.
- Three letters of recommendation from professionals in the field. Letters must refer to the particular position to which the applicant is applying. At least one of the letters should address your teaching experience or skills. Generic letters are not acceptable.
- Copies of transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate study (official transcripts are required at time of hire).
- Names and telephone numbers of at least three professional references, including at least one design educator.
- University application form completed and signed SC-1 Form (PDF)
- A minimum of 20 digital images of applicant’s work that is formatted at 1024x768, 72 dpi, and JPEG files.
- A minimum of 20 digital images of students’ work that is formatted at 1024x768, 72 dpi, and JPEG files.
- Proof sheet of 4 images per 8 1/2” x 11” page at a minimum of 150 dpi of JPEGs submitted.
- Self addressed envelope with adequate postage for return of digital images.
All of the materials listed above must be submitted in hard-copy form.
CSULB – Department of Design
Debra Satterfield, Department Chair
1250 Bellflower Blvd – DESN 101
Long Beach, CA 90840-5401
For additional information regarding all teaching positions please contact the department office at 562.985.5089.