Applications are accepted for Fall semester only: The Deadline is February 15th.
The Internship Program in Nutrition and Dietetics (IPND) at CSULB is part of the Master of Science in Nutritional Science. Persons interested in the IPND will need to apply to the university, the master’s degree program, and the dietetic internship simultaneously.
- To Apply for Admission to CSULB
- The first step is to complete an application to the university through Cal State Apply. A $65 non-refundable fee is required.
- NOTE: A GPA of 3.0 or higher (4.0 SCALE) on the last 60 Units is required for admission to the MS in Nutrtional Science.
- Applications are accepted for the Fall semester only: The Deadline is February 15th.
- To Apply for Admission to the MS in Nutritional Science
- To Apply for Admission to the Dietetic Internship, a specialization in the MS in Nutritional Science
- The third step is to complete the application to the Internship Program in Nutrition and Dietetics (IPND).
- The following materials should be completed, and forms mailed to the INPD Director, Dr. Gail Frank.
- The “Letter of Intent" (WORD) (Before December 1st is best but accepted until February 15th), which signifies your potential application
- The “GPA Sheet" (WORD)
- Online payment for $45 through CASHNet payment
- Completed DICAS application (more information below)
- Completed registration and DI ranking on D&D Digital
- Applicants must also register online for computer matching at www.dnddigital.com by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15th. There is a D&D computer matching fee
- The on-line centralized internship application can be accessed on the DICAS website.
- For questions, e-mail DICASinfo@DICAS.org.
- The on-line DICAS application must be completed by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15th. Pay fee to submit application(s) to DICAS.
Applicants who apply to the CSULB internship using DICAS must complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less at the centralized portal. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to DICAS - Transcript Dept., PO Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472
When completing the DICAS application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each of three references (minimum required by the CSULB Internship Program in Nutrition and Dietetics). This will trigger an email message requesting the completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online.
Please note: Applicants submit only one centralized application on DICAS no matter how many internships they consider.
- For questions about the Dietetic Internship Matching Service D & D, which is used by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, email D & D directly.
- Please note: For each internship to which you apply, applicants must prioritize the internship for matching via D & D digital.