All incoming freshmen must show proof of the following vaccines by June 1, 2022.
- Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR): 2 doses on or after the first birthday OR laboratory test to show proof of immunity (titer). If you have both an immunization and titer, please upload the immunization record only, not both the immunization and the titer.
- Varicella (Chickenpox): 2 doses on or after the first birthday OR laboratory test to show proof of immunity (titer). If you have both an immunization and titer, please upload the immunization record only, not both the immunization and the titer.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap): One dose on or after the age of 7 years.
- Hepatitis B (students 18 and younger)
- Meningitis ACY-W (Menactra or Menveo) – Required for all students 21 and younger and required for all housing students (regardless of age): One dose on or after the age of 16.
- Meningitis B (Trumenba or Bexsero) – Required for Housing students only: Students who will be living in housing must complete all doses prior to moving into housing.
- All incoming students must complete a Tuberculosis (TB) risk questionnaire. Incoming students who are at higher risk for TB infection should undergo either skin or blood testing for TB infection within 1 year of entry into CSULB.
If you are a Servicemember or Veteran, please visit our Servicemember and Veteran Students page.
How to upload Immunization Records to the student portal.
Visit single sign-on webpage: https://sso.csulb.edu and click on Student Health Services.
- Choose the "Student" option
- Enter your Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
- Choose "Medical Clearances" from the navigation menu
- Click on the vaccine you are updating.
- Fill in the date the vaccine was given and the vaccine name.
- After inputing dates and drug type click the "Update" Immunization Record option.
- Upload all supporting Immunization documentation.
Records may take up to 7-10 business days to process after they have been submitted to the Patient Portal.
Periodically check to see if you have Satisfied the immunization requirements in the Clearance section of your Patient Portal.
If it still says Not Satisfied after 7-10 business days check the Messages section for any messages about missing requirements.
Make sure your name and date of birth is located on every page of your immunization record. It is a legal document. Your scanned document will not be reviewed if it's missing this information.
All immunization records are required to be translated to English to be reviewed.