- Can I get the COVID-19 vaccine at Student Health Services?
Yes, students can receive the COVID-19 vaccine. We offer Pfizer only at this time. Please call 562-985-4771 to set up an appointment or walk-in during operating hours. For off-campus options, please visit https://myturn.ca.gov/ to check your eligibility and schedule a vaccine appointment.
- I already had COVID-19, do I still need to get the vaccine?
Yes. Even if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past, students are required to be fully vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Fully vaccinated includes booster shots. Vaccine clinic times & Location
- For information regarding the different COVID-19 vaccines and adminstration schedules click here.
- Can I submit an antibody test for COVID-19 instead of getting the vaccine?
No, antibody tests will not be accepted.
- Can I get COVID-19 from the COVID-19 vaccine?
No, it is not possible to get COVID-19 from the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Can I get an exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Medical exemption requests: please attest to your medical exemption via the COVID-19 Student Vaccine Certification form.
- Religious exemption requests: Please attest to your religious exemption via the COVID-19 studetn Vaccine Certification form.
- If you have selected a legitimate medical or religious exemption, you will be notified about your required participation in a weekly COVID-19 testing program.
Measles, Mumps & Rubella (MMR)
- I got individual doses of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella, is that still sufficient?
Yes, as long as each dose was after your first birthday and you received two doses of each.
- I got the first dosage of MMR before my first birthday, what do I do?
You have the option of either checking your titers or receiving a third dose.
- If I had Chickenpox as a child does that mean I am cleared for the Varicella requirement?
No, even if you had Chickenpox as child, you still need to get a laboratory tests to show proof of immunity (titers).
- I only got the laboratory test to show proof of immunity (titer) for Varicella, is that sufficient?
Yes, if the titer is positive, that will satisfy the Varicella immunity requirement.
- I got the first dose of Varicella before my first birthday, what do I do?
You have the option of either checking your titer or receiving a third dose of Varicella vaccine.
Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap)
- I got Td/DTP/Dtap, does that satisfy the Tdap requirement?
No. To satisfy the requirement, you must have received Tdap on or after the age of 7.
- Do you allow laboratory test to show proof of immunity (titer) for Tdap?
No, we only accept the vaccine on or after the age of 7.
- I got Tdap before my 7th birthday, what do I do?
You will need to get another Tdap vaccine to satisfy the requirement.
Meningitis ACY-W (Menactra or Menveo)
- I got the Meningitis B vaccine (Trumemba or Bexsero). Does that satisfy the requirement?
No. You must receive a dose of Menactra or Menveo (Meningitis ACW-Y/MCV4) on or after the age of 16.
- Do you allow laboratory tests to show proof of immunity (titer) for Meningitis ACY-W?
No. We only accept documentation of the vaccine on or after the age of 16.
- I got the Meningitis ACY-W vaccine before my 16th birthday, what do I do?
You will need another dose of the Meningitis ACY-W vaccine to satisfy the requirement.
Meningitis B (Trumenba or Bexsero)
- I received Menactra/Menveo. Does that satisfy the Meningitis B requirement?
No. You must receive all doses of Trumemba (3 doses) or Bexsero (2 doses) to satisfy the Meningitis B requirement.
- Do you allow laboratory tests to show proof of immunity (titer) for Meningitis B?
No. We only accept documentation of either Trumemba or Bexsero.
- I did a Tuberculosis skin test/T-Spot/Quantiferon Gold/Chest X-Ray in the past, do I still have to complete the Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire in the Patient Portal?
Yes, all incoming students are required to complete the Tuberculosis Risk Questionnaire in the Patient Portal.
- What if I had the BCG vaccine for Tuberculosis?
You a required to submit result of a T-Spot or Quantiferon Gold or Chest X-Ray within 1 year of entry into CSULB to confirm that you do not have active Tuberculosis (TB).
Can I get immunizations at SHS?
- All incoming students must submit proof of the required immunizations listed under "My Requirements" by the compliance date. Immunizations are available for purchase at Student Health Services and prices are subject to change without notice.
- Enrolled students are able to purchase Immunizations at Student Health Services on or after the first day of a given semester. Please note, we do not accept or bill insurance.
|MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella)||$86.00 per dose|
|Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis)||$45.75 per dose|
|Varicella (Chickenpox)||$155.00 per dose|
|Hepatitis B||$47.00 per dose|
|Meningitis ACY-W (Menactra)||$136.50 per dose|
|Meningitis B (Bexsero)||$171.25 per dose|
|COVID-19 Vaccine||No Cost|
*Prices are subject to change without notice.
How do I submit my Immunization documents?
Students enrolled prior to Fall 2020:
- If you were enrolled prior to Fall 2020 please submit your vaccination records to: SHS-Vaccine@csulb.edu.
Students enrolled Fall 2020 or after:
- Uploading documents to the Patient Portal is required to comply with the immunization requirement.
- No records will be accepted by mail, email, fax, or in person.
Can I mail in my immunization records and be cleared?
No records will be accepted by mail.
My records are in another language. Do they need to be translated into English?
YES, It is required that you submit your records in English.
What is the deadline for completing the immunization requirements?
- The deadline for all continuing and incoming Fall 2022 students to show proof of immunization requirements is June 1, 2022.
Can I get an extension on the deadline?
If you have extenuating circumstances and are having difficulty, please contact Student Health Services administration at 562.985.2565.
Will I get a confirmation email once I fulfill the requirements?
No, you will not receive a confirmation email, but you can check the status in the Patient Portal.
Can I request a personal belief or religious belief exemption?
For COVID-19 exemptions, click here.
No. Only medical exemptions are allowed. Students with a medical condition which is a contraindication to vaccination for the following vaccines: (MMR, Varicella, Tdap, or Meningitis) will need to have this Medical Exemption Request Form - PDF completed by a board certified, licensed physician (MD, DO), Physician Assistant (PA), or Nurse Practitioner (NP).
How do I submit my Medical Exemption Request form?
- Print this Medical Exemption Request Form - PDF and bring it to your provider to complete. Only this approved Medical Exemption Request form will be accepted.
- Your provider must be a board certified, licensed physician (MD, DO), Physician Assistant (PA), or Nurse Practitioner (NP) to complete the form.
- For COVID-19 and COVID-19 booster exemptions, please attest to your medical exemption via the COVID-19 Student Vaccine Certification form on SSO.
- For Non-COVID-19 exemptions, bring the completed form to Student Health Services or email it to: SHS-Vaccine@csulb.edu
- Medical exemption requests are reviewed by the Chief of Medical Staff.
Do I need to comply with the immunization requirements if I am a former CSULB undergraduate and now entering graduate school?
Yes. All incoming students will need to comply -- even if you previously attended CSULB.
If you have a financial hardship with immunizations, please complete the Financial Hardship Form and specify which immunizations you need. You will be contacted by a Student Health Services staff member within 48-72 hours.