A Message From Provost Jersky
Budget Quick Look - Curious about the campus budget?
Provost Jersky gives a quick tutorial on how campus resources are utilized.
“The Beach” was named one of the best universities in the U.S. by “Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Ranking 2018.” Long Beach ranked #473 out of more than 1,000 national colleges surveyed, up from placing between 501 and 600 the year before. Teaching quality, graduation rates and student diversity were key factors in a high ranking.
According to Times Higher Education, the rankings of more than 1,000 US schools, colleges and universities are made up of 15 individual performance indicators designed to answer key questions that matter the most to students and their families. These rankings include a focus on teaching quality, as measured by student outcomes, thus raising the profile of all CSU Campuses.
- Vice President Carmen Taylor and Dean Forouzan Golshani receive NAACP Awards
- Quest Magazine 2017: See how CSULB's latest research is addressing important issues in our community.
- CSULB Brings Home Multiple Awards from CSU Media Arts Festival
- Creating 'No Barriers' to Technology at the Beach
Faculty in the News
- Homeless, Hungry Students Find Help at Cal State Long Beach
- The Science of Pep Talk to Build Winning Teams
- Zombie 101
- In the Deep: Tracking Great White Sharks
The next Provost’s Message will be published on Wednesday, December 13. Items for the upcoming message should be submitted by Friday, December 8, to email@example.com.