Horn Center and University Art Museum Reopening - November 10, 2021
Want to find a new place to study on campus? Need to use a computer while on campus? Have a technical question you need quickly answered? We got you covered! Come check out the fully renovated Horn Center and the newly named Carolyn Campagna Kleefeld Contemporary Art Museum.
New features at the Horn Center:
- 10 new active learning classrooms
- 2 large capacity lecture halls
- Additional all-gender restrooms
- Lactation room
- Technology Help Desk (THD) and Academic Technology Service (ATS) help desks
- A computer lab (one of the largest in the entire CSU system)
- New indoor and outdoor study spaces
The university museum was expanded by 4,000 square feet, more than doubling the exhibit space, all from a generous donation from Carolyn Campagna. The 11,000 square-foot museum now includes:
- Galleries with moveable walls
- A state-of-the-art education center
- A climate-controlled storage room
- Outdoor gardens with seating areas
Being environmentally friendly, the museum is LEED Silver certified. It features solar panels, energy-efficient fixtures, sustainable building materials, and water-friendly landscaping.
The Horn Center will be open to the campus community on Monday, November 1, 2021. The Carolyn Campagna Kleefeld Contemporary Art Museum is currently moving in artwork and setting up the exhibition space with an expected campus public opening in mid-February 2022.
We hope to see everyone in this beautiful new campus educational and museum space soon.
Karyn Scissum Gunn, Ph.D.
Senior Vice President, Academic Affairs
Vice President, Administration and Finance
Chief Financial Officer