The mission of the California State University, Long Beach President's Ambassador Program is to:
- Represent the University and the University President with the highest standards on and off campus at all times.
- Serve the University’s needs and the needs of the surrounding community.
- Support and enhance the University’s understanding of its unique diversity.
- Create an atmosphere that is conducive to the development of each President’s Ambassador’s personal and professional life beyond other University experiences.
What do the President’s Ambassadors do?
President’s Ambassadors work collaboratively with President Conoley representing CSULB and its mission and goals. At the most basic level, they are volunteers who give their time, talent and enthusiasm freely for the advancement of California State University, Long Beach. How do they do this?
- Ambassadors participate in campus and community functions and events and often serve as guides for VIPs and special guests of the University.
In the past, the Ambassadors have volunteered at events such as the Alumni Awards Banquet, Cherishing the Children, Jewels of the Night and Kaleidoscope.
- Most Recently the Ambassadors have represented the University while participating in events sponsored by the City of Long Beach such as the Long Beach Marathon and the Belmont Shore Christmas Parade.
We often collaborate with other offices on campus including the Beach Pride Center, Student Life and Development, and several academic departments.
- The Ambassadors have started a new initiative to raise money to assist students here on at CSULB through the Student Emergency Fund.