Printing (Inclusive of Beach Print Shop, Geography Posters)
The production of posters, decals, books, magazines, business cards, stationary or other printed material, including bindery, mounting and lamination. Any on campus department can go directly to the Beach Print Shop Orders (CPS) or Geography Poster Production (CGL) and process using the chargeback method.
No, if the following apply. However, if the purchase will be from a foreign supplier, there are Foreign Purchase requirements to address. Please complete those requirements before continuing with the purchase. See Payments and Approvals section for payment options.
- using a campus chargeback provider for the service
- an email is obtained from the print shop supporting decision to go off campus and amount is $9,999 or less
Yes, if not using an on-campus provider and ANY of the following apply. If the purchase will be from a foreign supplier, please submit the Foreign Purchase requirements with the requisition.
- contract is required
- amount is greater than $9,999
- if any service is included with the purchase
If a requisition is required, the minimum time for generating a dispatched Purchase Order (PO):
A minimum of 10 working days after Purchasing receives all completed documentation.
- Campus and Foundations thresholds
- All Goods and Services purchases between $50,000 - $100,000 require a minimum of 3 competitive quotes. If obtaining quotes from small or disabled veteran businesses, then only 2 quotes are required from the same classification (for example, 2 small business quotes).
- Anything under $50,000 is at the discretion of the Purchasing Department as to whether additional quotes are required.
- Purchases over $100,000 require a Request Formal Proposal (RFP). If obtaining quotes from small or disabled veteran businesses, then only 2 quotes are required from the same classification (for example, 2 small business quotes).
- Foundation “G” (Grants) Funds - All Goods and Services purchases anything under $50,000 is at the discretion of the Purchasing Department as to whether additional quotes are required. Anything between $50,000 - $100,000 require 3 informal quotes. Purchases over $100,000 require a Request Formal Proposal (RFP).
- If not using a campus chargeback service provider, an email must be obtained from the Beach Print Shop supporting the decision to go off campus.
Print Shop must respond to bid requests within 24 business hours (M-F 8:00am-5:00pm)
*Printing is only authorized off campus if the department has received an email notification from the Print Shop “No Bid”, a lower bid is received, or it has gone beyond 24 hours for a response.
All requests for Multi-Functional Printers (MFP)-copier machines must be submitted to the Department Copier Program (DCP) Office for review and disposition. Departments are not authorized to purchase this equipment outside of the DCP approval. DCP reviews all University requests to lease or purchase copying equipment (regardless of funding source) and has the final authority on such requests.
By accepting a contract with the CSU, Contractors must certify they are neither nor its principals or its subcontractors are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation in transactions by any federal department or agency (2 Code Federal Regulations[CFR] 180.220, in accordance with the Office of Management and Budget guidelines at 2 CFR 180 that implement Executive Orders 12549 (3 CFR Part 1986 Comp., p. 189) and 12689 (3 CFR Part 1989 Comp., p. 235).
For contracts using both, CSU and federally awarded funds, a debarment check must be completed prior to issuing any procurement contracts of goods or services that are $25,000.00 or greater.
Risk Management Review Required?
- Permitted Payment Options: Subject to the above requirements.
- PO – Allowed
- ProCard – Allowed
- One Card – Allowed
- Direct Pay – Allowed
- Employee Reimbursement – Allowed
- Documents required:
- Supplier Invoice
- Additional required documents listed under the Additional Forms or Requirements section above.
- Delegated approval (DOA) using one of the following options
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Dispatched PO & receipt of goods through Shipping & Receiving (no action required by requesting department)
- Authorized stamp on invoice referencing PO# and Acknowledgement of Service
- Electronic approval (via email) sent directly to email@example.com
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Contingent Documents
- Payment Notes:
- All checks will be mailed by the Accounts Payable department
Invoices received by Accounts Payable, prior to payment, are routed to the requester or approver to verify receipt of service or items. Reference the Invoice Approval Process for more
Campus Provider: Beach Print Shop
When viewing chargeback entries in Data Warehouse (DWH), CPS is the three-letter prefix in the Journal ID field to signify a Print Shop purchase.
GL Account(s) Used
660002 - Printing
Refer to your Division/College/Department for additional policies and procedures.