Pharmaceuticals or Any Controlled Substances
A controlled substance is generally a drug or chemical whose manufacture, possession, or use is regulated by a government, such as illicitly used drugs or prescription medications that are designated a Controlled Drug.
Yes and if the purchase will be from a foreign supplier, please submit the Foreign Purchase requirements with the requisition.
If a requisition is required, the minimum time for generating a dispatched Purchase Order (PO):
A minimum of 10 working days after Purchasing receives all completed documentation.
- Pre-Approval required by Environmental Health & Safety
- Campus and Foundations thresholds
- All Goods and Services purchases between $50,000 - $100,000 require a minimum of 3 competitive quotes. If obtaining If obtaining quotes from small or disabled veteran businesses, then only 2 quotes are required from the same classification (for example, 2 small business quotes).
- Anything under $50,000 is at the discretion of the Purchasing Department as to whether additional quotes are required.
- Purchases over $100,000 require a Request Formal Proposal (RFP). If obtaining quotes from small or disabled veteran businesses, then only 2 quotes are required from the same classification (for example, 2 small business quotes).
- Foundation “G” (Grants) Funds - All Goods and Services purchases anything under $50,000 is at the discretion of the Purchasing Department as to whether additional quotes are required. Anything between $50,000 - $100,000 require 3 informal quotes. Purchases over $100,000 require a Request Formal Proposal (RFP).
Email approval from EH&S.
By accepting a contract with the CSU, Contractors must certify they are neither nor its principals or its subcontractors are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation in transactions by any federal department or agency (2 Code Federal Regulations[CFR] 180.220, in accordance with the Office of Management and Budget guidelines at 2 CFR 180 that implement Executive Orders 12549 (3 CFR Part 1986 Comp., p. 189) and 12689 (3 CFR Part 1989 Comp., p. 235).
For contracts using both, CSU and federally awarded funds, a debarment check must be completed prior to issuing any procurement contracts of goods or services that are $25,000.00 or greater.
Risk Management Review Required?
- Permitted Payment Options: Subject to the above requirements.
- PO – Allowed
- ProCard – Not Allowed
- One Card –Not Allowed
- Direct Pay – Not Allowed
- Employee Reimbursement – Not Allowed
- Documents required:
- Supplier Invoice
- Additional required documents listed under the Additional Forms or Requirements section above.
- Delegated approval (DOA) using one of the following options
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Dispatched PO & receipt of goods through Shipping & Receiving (no action required by requesting department)
- Authorized stamp on invoice referencing PO# and Acknowledgement of Service
- Electronic approval (via email) sent directly to email@example.com
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Contingent Documents
- Payment Notes:
- All checks will be mailed by the Accounts Payable department
Invoices received by Accounts Payable, prior to payment, are routed to the requester or approver to verify receipt of service or items. Reference the Invoice Approval Process for more
Common GL Account(s) to Use
660003 - Supplies and Services
Refer to your Division/College/Department for additional policies and procedures.