Any other transaction not included in another transaction type.
No requisition is required if ALL of the following apply. However, if the purchase will be from a foreign supplier, there are Foreign Purchase requirements to address. Please complete those requirements before continuing with the purchase.
- Transaction is not included in any other transaction type.
- Transaction does not reference an existing contract/agreement or document, or no signature (written or electronic) is required on any document to complete the purchase.
- Total spend is less than $9,999.
- No on-campus provider offers the services, or the proper campus authority pre-approves the services (for example, automotive repairs, or signage).
- Does not qualify as Restricted or Prohibited Items (see Additional Notes section).
Contact Purchasing at 5-4296 if you need further clarification.
If a requisition is required, the minimum time for generating a dispatched Purchase Order (PO):
A minimum of 10 working days after Purchasing receives all completed documentation.
Campus and Foundations thresholds
- All Goods and Services purchases between $50,000 - $100,000 require a minimum of 3 competitive quotes. If obtaining quotes from small or disabled veteran businesses, then only 2 quotes are required from the same classification (for example, 2 small business quotes).
- Anything under $50,000 is at the discretion of the Purchasing Department as to whether additional quotes are required.
- Purchases over $100,000 require a Request Formal Proposal (RFP). If obtaining quotes from small or disabled veteran businesses, then only 2 quotes are required from the same classification (for example, 2 small business quotes).
- Foundation “G” (Grants) Funds - All Goods and Services purchases anything under $50,000 is at the discretion of the Purchasing Department as to whether additional quotes are required. Anything between $50,000 - $100,000 require 3 informal quotes. Purchases over $100,000 require a Request Formal Proposal (RFP).
By accepting a contract with the CSU, Contractors must certify they are neither nor its principals or its subcontractors are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation in transactions by any federal department or agency (2 Code Federal Regulations[CFR] 180.220, in accordance with the Office of Management and Budget guidelines at 2 CFR 180 that implement Executive Orders 12549 (3 CFR Part 1986 Comp., p. 189) and 12689 (3 CFR Part 1989 Comp., p. 235).
For contracts using both, CSU and federally awarded funds, a debarment check must be completed prior to issuing any procurement contracts of goods or services that are $25,000.00 or greater.
Risk Management Review Required?
Yes, if requisition is required.
- Permitted Payment Options: Subject to the above requirements.
- Documents required:
- Supplier Invoice
- Additional required documents listed under the Additional Forms or Requirements section above.
- Delegated approval (DOA) using one of the following options
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Dispatched PO & receipt of goods through Shipping & Receiving (no action required by requesting department)
- Authorized stamp on invoice referencing PO# and Acknowledgement of Service
- Electronic approval (via email) sent directly to email@example.com
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Contingent Documents
- Payment Notes:
- All checks will be mailed by the Accounts Payable department
Invoices received by Accounts Payable, prior to payment, are routed to the requester or approver to verify receipt of service or items. Reference the Invoice Approval Process for more
Restricted/Prohibited items to specific departments below.
- Ammunition, firearms, and explosives - University Police
- Heating, ventilation, refrigeration equipment - Facilities Management
- Outside storage sheds/containers - Facilities Management
- Radioactive materials, machines, microscopes - Radiation Safety Office
- Respiratory and hearing protection - Environmental Health and Safety
- Security systems - Facilities Management
- Emergency Services
Contact the campus bookstore.
Common GL Account(s) to Use
Refer to your Division/College/Department for additional policies and procedures.