A tangible good given willingly to someone without payment; a present. GIFT CARDS are not included within GIFTS and has separate requirements. See the GIFT CARDS transaction type.
No. However, if the purchase will be from a foreign supplier, there are Foreign Purchase requirements to address. Please complete those requirements before continuing with the purchase.
See Payments and Approvals section for options.
If a requisition is required, the minimum time for generating a dispatched Purchase Order (PO):
Administrative Guidelines Related to this Purchase?
Key Purchasing Requirements and Quote/Bid Thresholds?
Additional Forms or Requirements?
- Limits are set by occasion and funding source. Gift must be tangible personal property.
- Gift Cards not authorized as Gifts. See separate transaction type for gift card.
By accepting a contract with the CSU, Contractors must certify they are neither nor its principals or its subcontractors are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation in transactions by any federal department or agency (2 Code Federal Regulations[CFR] 180.220, in accordance with the Office of Management and Budget guidelines at 2 CFR 180 that implement Executive Orders 12549 (3 CFR Part 1986 Comp., p. 189) and 12689 (3 CFR Part 1989 Comp., p. 235).
For contracts using both, CSU and federally awarded funds, a debarment check must be completed prior to issuing any procurement contracts of goods or services that are $25,000.00 or greater.
Risk Management Review Required?
Payments and Approvals
- Permitted Payment Options: Subject to the above requirements.
- PO – Allowed
- PCard – Allowed
- One Card – Allowed
- Direct Pay – Allowed
- Employee Reimbursement – Not Allowed
- Documents required:
- Supplier Invoice
- Additional required documents listed under the Additional Forms or Requirements section above.
- Delegated approval (DOA) using one of the following options
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Dispatched PO & receipt of goods through Shipping & Receiving (no action required by requesting department)
- Authorized stamp on invoice referencing PO# and Acknowledgement of Service
- Electronic approval (via email) sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Contingent Documents
- Payment Notes:
- All checks will be mailed by the Accounts Payable department
Invoices received by Accounts Payable, prior to payment, are routed to the requester or approver to verify receipt of service or items. Reference the Invoice Approval Process for more information.
Common GL Account(s) to Use
660813 - Gifts and Awards
Refer to your Division/College/Department for additional policies and procedures.