Poverty, Food Insecurity, & Homelessness Resources
- Campus Assessment, Response, and Evaluation for Students (CARES) Team
- 562.985.8670 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.csulb.edu/cares
- Students who exhibit behaviors or disclose personal challenges in relation to their personal, physical, and emotional well-being should be referred to the CARES Team for connection to appropriate campus and community resources. Students exhibiting intimidating, disruptive, aggressive, or violent behaviors should also be referred to CARES, unless there is an immediate safety concern (at which time, follow up with UPD). In collaboration with students, the CARES Team will review all information available on the students’ behavior and background, to develop an individual action plan and provide on-going case management support.
- ASI Beach Pantry
- Basic Needs Program
- CalFresh Outreach Program
- CalWORKS Program
- Student Emergency Intervention and Wellness Program
- Food Finders Food Pantry Locator
- 562-283-1400 • https://www.foodfinders.org/food-pantry-locator/
- Interactive website to locate food pantry near you.
- USDA National Hunger Hotline
- (866) 3-HUNGRY • Text: #97779
- Representative will find food resources such as meal sites, food banks, and other social services near you.
- California Food for Kids
- Locate after school and summer meal site locations
- Housing and Urban Development Housing Assistance Programs
- WIC (Women, Infants, & Children)
- City of Long Beach Housing Authority
- 562-570-6985 • http://www.longbeach.gov/haclb/
- Apply for affordable housing in Long Beach.
- LA County Department of Public Social Services
- Orange County Social Services Agency
- State of California Employment Development Department
- Unemployment and disability benefits, information about available program and services
- Long Beach Forward
- (562) 436-4800 • www.lbforward.org
- Wide-range of resources and information across internet access, legal aid, and public health
- MultiService Center Long Beach
- (562) 570-4500 • 1301 W. 12th Street, Long Beach •
- Wide range of services for low-income families and individuals