California State University, Long Beach Policy Statement
Policy Number: 21-10
Date: May 24, 2021
Advisory Council on Strategic Enrollment Management
This policy statement supersedes Policy Statement 20-11. The Academic Senate approved an update to the membership roster on May 13, 2021. The President concurred on May 17, 2021.
The Advisory Council on Strategic Enrollment Management shall serve as the primary advisory body to the Academic Senate on matters associated with Strategic Enrollment Management for the university. The Advisory Council shall review, evaluate, set priorities where appropriate, and make recommendations on strategic enrollment matters. Such matters include, but are not limited to, strategic recruitment, optimal enrollments, admissions policies reflective of our values, optimal size and rate of growth of student enrollment, the strengthening retention of students, effective career counseling, proactive academic advising, holistic campus life and facilities, and other strategic support functions.
The Council shall be chaired by a faculty member. The chair shall automatically become a member of the enrollment technical committee. The council shall provide an annual report (or presentation) on its recommendations to the Academic Senate, President, and the Provost in April of each academic year.
- One tenured or probationary faculty member from each Academic College, appointed by the Nominating Committee of the Academic Senate with the approval of the Academic Senate (staggered three-year terms)
- Vice Provost for Academic Programs & Dean of Graduate Studies
- Vice Provost for Academic Planning
- Associate Vice President for Budget and Administration
- Associate Vice President and Dean, International Education and Global Engagement
- Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
- Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Studies
- Director of Admissions
- Chair of Academic Senate
- Executive Director of Institutional Research
- Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Services
- Assistant Vice President for University Access & Retention
- One (1) full-time staff member, elected by Staff Council
- Two (2) student members, selected by the Associated Students, Inc.
- Two (2) local tier 1 school district representatives appointed by the President
- Two (2) local community college representatives appointed by the President