The University Library is open virtually 24/7 for all your instructional and research needs! Access the University Library Website.
Here are some of the key places that will help during this time of alternative instruction:
For faculty and students, to contact your subject librarian, use the CSULB Librarian Directory.
To access research databases (to find scholarly articles, including full text articles): University Libray A-Z Databases
To access our e-book collections: University Library eBooks
To access our streaming media collections: University Library Streaming Media
There are many, many other collections that can help during this time. Please utilize our online chat service (found on our website) or contact your subject librarian for more information for a plan specific to you needs.
CSULB Librarians are available in a variety of ways virtually. Daily chat is available, including weekends. Email is always an option, as it has always been for answering questions related research or for consultations, or to set up virtual library instruction sessions. Please see the individual library guides for specific information.
- Library instruction is available in coordination with individual faculty and their librarians.
- Library instruction may include email/chat consultations, research assignments developed by librarians and faculty together, instructional videos posted on the web and/or zoom meetings.
Materials Immediately Available
Digital/electronic materials are available via the CSULB Library website.
- This includes electronic articles, eBooks, videos, etc.
- Publishers have been increasing the availability of their free-content on a short-term basis. New resources will be added to the library catalog as they become available.
Librarians can help with using online features to limit to only available electronic materials.
Interlibrary Loan Services
BeachReach electronic article requests will be filled electronically, but fulfilment will depend upon institutional availability.
- Physical Materials: As of Friday 3.20.2020 5:00pm there will be no access to the physical book stacks, ORCA or the physical reserves.
- Interlibrary Loan Materials: Borrowing of physical materials is temporarily suspended for books and media using CSU+, LINK+ and BeachReach.
Additional Information and Services
Wi-Fi Access & Computer Access
The Horn Center lab will be open. Call (562) 985-2303, or check the Horn Center Site for hours.
Local Wi-Fi Service – Low-Cost and Free
The following resources refer to discounts or special options from a range of internet providers for those who may not have access to the Internet from off-campus locations. Please contact the providers directly to understand if they may apply to you:
- FCC agreement (.*pdf) stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast: offers free Wi-Fi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- AT&T: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.