Adult Re-Entry Support

CSULB offers specialized programming and support for returning adults and other non-traditional students. Please review the available options below. For information and guidance, please call 562-985-5358.

Degree-Seeking Students

If you are seeking an undergraduate degree and have taken courses at CSULB or any other college, you are considered a Transfer Student:

Additional Options for Adult Learners

  • Open University offers a variety of options for career advancement and professional certification to students without being admitted to CSULB.
  • Senior community members can access low-cost courses through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI).
  • The Senior Citizen Education Program is named the Older Adult Degree Program. Eligible California residents, 60 years or older, can register for classes at a reduced cost. Participants are subject to all regular admissions deadlines and restrictions, and will be required to submit official transcripts to pursue a degree, credential or certificate. Once enrolled, contact Student Financial Services to learn more.

Note: Degree-seeking adults who have never attended a community college or university are advised to take required courses at a community college before applying to CSULB. For more information on transfer admission, visit Transfer Students.