Undocumented students, including AB 540/SB68 students are NOT eligible to apply for federal financial aid. However, with the passage of AB 130 and AB 131, state financial aid and scholarships administered by the colleges and universities are now available for eligible AB 540/SB 68 students. For more information on financial aid processes for undocumented students please refer to Financial Aid:
- Current Undergraduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Prospective Undergraduate Students
- Prospective Graduate Students
Receiving your Financial Aid at the Beach
- Submit your CA Dream Act Application
- Students who satisfy the AB540 requirements can apply for and receive funds from certain state and institutional financial aid programs under the California Dream Act of 2011. Students must submit the application to be considered for these financial aid programs. Dream applications can be submitted year-round, however submitting the application by the March 2nd priority deadline is highly encouraged.
- Confirm you GPA Verification has been submitted
- You can review the status of your Cal Grant Application on https://mygrantinfo.csac.ca.gov/ to confirm all necessary documents have been submitted.
- Complete missing documents (if applicable)
- Once you are admitted to CSULB, the office of Financial Aid will send you an email within a two week period if additional information is required from you.
- If you are male between the ages of 18-25, you must be registered for Selective Service. If you are 26+ and never registered, be prepared to submit a Selective Service Status Letter.
- Submit your AB 540/SB68 Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Form
- More information on how to complete and submit the form can be found here.
- California Nonresident Tuition Exemption Request form - PDF
- Accept your Financial Aid Offer
- If you are admitted for Spring: Financial aid offers are typically posted late October to early November, assuming all missing items are complete.
- If you are admitted for Fall: Financial aid offers can be posted as early as the end of March.
Tip: Monitor your CSULB email and your Student Portal for updates. The Financial Aid office will contact you via email and place a To-Do List item if they need additional documents from you.
If you have additional questions, you can use Beach Connect to meet with a counselor from the Financial Aid office who has been designated to assist Dream Success Center Students. To book an appointment with Beach Connect Counselor, sign into your SSO and choose "Beach Connect."
Scholarships at the Beach
Not all scholarships have citizenship requirements. We strongly encourage undocumented students to apply for scholarships. CSULB has a center dedicated to assisting students with their scholarship search. For more information on scholarships available to students, visit the Center for Scholarship Information.
Off Campus Scholarships
Links and information provided to the following external scholarship organizations, websites, and/or search engines do not constitute an endorsement of the organization, their site's sponsors, and/or of their products by CSU Long Beach or the CSU Long Beach Office of Financial Aid.
|My Undocumented Life||College Scholarships|
|MALDEF||MALDEF Scholarship Resource Guide 2020-21
MALDEF LAW SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
|Pre-Health Dreamers||Scholarship List|
|Immigrants Rising||List of Undergraduate Scholarships
List of Graduate Scholarships
|Scholarships.com||Scholarships for Undocumented Students|
|Nitro College||Scholarship Opportunities for Undocumented Students|
|Betancourt Macias Family Scholarship Foundation||THE CLAUDIA PATRICIA GÓMEZ GONZÁLES SCHOLARSHIP
THE VICTORIANO MACIAS LUEVANO SCHOLARSHIP
BLACK IS BRILLIANT SCHOLARSHIP
EL DERECHO A SOÑAR (THE RIGHT TO DREAM) SCHOLARSHIP
MARIPOSA SIN FRONTERAS SCHOLARSHIP
|The Dream.US||National Scholarship|
|Rocio||ROCIO Film Scholarship for Undocumented Students|
|Hispanic Scholarship Fund||HSF Scholarship|
|United States Hispanic Leadership Institute||Dr. Juan Andrade Jr. Scholarship for young Hispanic Leaders|
|Sally Casanova||Sally Casanova Pre-Doctoral Scholars Program|
|Social Justice Council/Dreamers Scholarship Team of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Long Beach||Defend the Dream|