The Commencement Team is looking forward to celebrating the Class of 2020 and 2021 at Angel Stadium of Anaheim, May 28-31. Virtual content celebrating our graduates will be available the week of commencement..
IMPORTANT: To access your GradPass, log in to MarchingOrder, then save a digital copy or print a hard copy to have available at your ceremony. Plan to have your GradPass on-hand the day-of, either on your phone or as a printout.
Health and Safety
College Ceremony Dates
- College of the Arts - May 29, 9:30a.m.
- College of Business - May 30, 5:00p.m.
- College of Education - May 30, 9:30a.m.
- College of Engineering - May 28, 9:30a.m.
- College of Health & Human Services - May 29, 5:00p.m.
- College of Liberal Arts - May 28, 5:00p.m.
- College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics - May 31, 9:30a.m.
All graduates from the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 have automatically been rsvp'd for commencement. Detailed instructions on how to redeem your tickets were emailed on May 17, 2021.
Graduate & Guest Tickets
Each graduate will receive a total of three tickets to enter the stadium, which includes one for the graduate and two for guests. Graduates can access their GradPass by logging into MarchingOrder. A GradPass will need to be shown at Tunnel A to collect a graduate ticket for stadium entry. Have a digital or hard copy of your GradPass available the day of your ceremony. Guest ticket details were emailed to graduates on May 17. For more information, see the 'Mobile Ticket Entry’ section below.
Parking Passes are NO longer required to enter the Angel Stadium lot during commencement.
Graduates who requested accommodations will receive their graduate ticket when they gather to process at Tunnel A. Angels personnel will be at the BMAC table distributing tickets for this group prior to the ceremony start time. All guest accommodation tickets for NON-GRADUATES have been distributed electronically. For additional questions and accommodation needs, please visit a BMAC table the day of.
The stadium is located at 2000 Gene Autry Way, Anaheim, CA 92806. To learn about the Stadium, directions, or health and safety protocols, please visit the Angel Stadium website.
All parking lot gates will be open, but it is recommended that graduates enter off the Orangewood Avenue entrance for parking nearest Gate 6 and Tunnel A, where the procession will begin. For your reference, here is a map of Angel Stadium.
For participating graduates and guests with a ticket to the stadium, plan your trip using public transportation or ride share services. Guests staying in the parking lot must remain in a vehicle.
While Rideshare drop off may be at the Gates, pickup will be on the street, outside of the parking lot. Graduates and guests needing to be picked up by Rideshare after the ceremony, will need to walk across the parking lot, exit the lot, and arrange to be picked up off site.
Graduate Recognition Stages
Utilizing your submitted name pronunciation (DEADLINE EXTENDED TO APRIL 16) and Graduate Slide (DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 7), Graduate Recognition Stages will be available throughout the Angel Stadium parking lot for photo opportunities. These microstages offer a unique opportunity for graduates to hear their name announced and to see their customized graduate slide displayed along with their guests. Professional photographers from GradImages will be available on site at the Graduate Recognition Stages to help graduates capture the moment.
Please note, only graduates are allowed onto the Graduate Recognition Stages and in front of their grad slides. Families are only permitted to stand in front of the stage briefly to take photos. Social distancing is required.
Mobile Ticket Entry
You will receive your ticket to enter the stadium when you arrive on your ceremony day. Go to Tunnel A, near Gate #6, and join classmates in the procession line. Once in line, you will receive your stadium ticket by showing your MarchingOrder GradPass (this is the same GradPass that activates your grad slide and name reading at the Graduate Recognition Stages in the parking lot). To access your GradPass, log in to MarchingOrder, then save a digital copy or print a hard copy to have available at your ceremony.
You need to show your GradPass at Tunnel A in order to claim your graduate ticket for stadium-entry. A stadium ticket is required to participate in the procession and enter Angel Stadium. You and your classmates will have the best seats in the park, seated in a reserved graduate section, facing the main stage. In the commencement tradition, graduates will be seated together, while family and guests will be seated in a separate section.
A help desk will be available on site for any graduates without a GradPass. To expedite stadium-entry, have your GradPass on-hand, either on your phone or as a printout.
To redeem your two guest tickets, use the following step-by-step process:
- Log in to your Single Sign-On
- Select the new ‘Graduation Tickets’ chiclet to be redirected to the Commencement Information page
- You will be provided your Ceremony, One-time unique Offer Code, and unique Ceremony Link
- Selecting the Ceremony Link takes you to the Offer Code site to Input the offer code from the Ceremony Information page
- Select the section you wish for your guest tickets, you may select any two seats
- After you select any two seats confirm by selecting ‘continue’
- If you have not yet created an MLB account, you will do so at this time; this is how you will receive the tickets
- You will then be directed to your shopping cart to complete your checkout
- After checkout you will be emailed a confirmation and a link to download the MLB app – once you install the MLB app, you will have your two guest tickets and be able to forward them to your guests email addresses.
DO NOT SHARE YOUR GUEST CODE OR UNIQUE CEREMONY LINKS! YOU MUST CLAIM YOUR GUEST TICKETS YOURSELF, USING THIS STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS, AND THEN DISTRIBUTE TICKETS TO YOUR GUESTS!
Your unique code is limited to a one-time use. Unique guest codes cannot be duplicated. Once the two guest tickets are claimed, your code is void.
Guests will use the mobile-only entry ticketing system to enter the stadium and can have their digital tickets available on their phone. Guests may also print their tickets. Each guest ticket allows entry to the stadium for one guest only. Once a ticket is scanned at a gate that ticket is void. Stadium re-entry is not permitted.
Each guest ticket allows entry to the stadium for one guest only. Once a ticket is scanned at a gate that ticket is void. Stadium re-entry is not permitted.
How do I troubleshoot when trying to redeem guest tickets?
- We apologize in advance for any technical difficulties. Should the MLB site lock, we recommend that after you create your account, you clear your computer history and log back into your account. It may continue to say that you’ve used the code too many times; but please wait about five minutes and refresh the page again. You could also opt to try a different browser.
- Unfortunately, tickets cannot be changed once they’ve been selected and after you’ve completed your checkout. There will be multiple large screens within the stadium to help with visuals and all seats will have ample screen views. All seats are good seats.
- As long as you didn’t complete your checkout, you can still use your code. Please log out and sign in again to search for available tickets.
- It is important that you do not share your code because once the tickets are claimed the code is void.
- Please use your confirmation email to forward guest tickets or you may take a screenshot of the barcoded tickets and forward them to your guests. Here is a video to help you navigate through the App to locate your tickets: Ballpark App Tutorial.mp4 | Powered by Box
- It is anticipated that for all ceremonies, the stadium will reach maximum allowable capacity. A limited quantity of tickets are available, and ceremonies may meet capacity prior to a code being utilized; as such tickets are now available on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS.
Individual Control Measures and Screening
All controls adhere to CDPH Guidance for Outdoor Seated Live Events and Performances for necessary mitigation measures to protect performers, graduates, and audience members.
- All attendees must wear masks as per CDPH Face Coverings Guidance and maintain distance of at least 6 feet from other attendees at all times, other than with household members such as when they are in their own vehicles.
- Speakers may remove masks during their remarks as long as they are at least 6 feet away from other attendees. Speakers should keep the time for comments brief to limit the time they are unmasked.
- Attendance will be limited to school staff and graduates. All attendees must abide by travel limitations as indicated within the current CDPH Travel Advisory.
- Attendees will be provided a ticket in advance of the graduation, and only those who are pre-ticketed may attend.
- Staff or attendants will monitor the number of attendees entering the graduation event and confirm that they are pre-ticketed.
- Should additional household members and family members be allowed to attend they must abide by travel limitations as indicated within the current CDPH Travel Advisory.
- Persons who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 (e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) are discouraged from attending.
- Individuals who are sick or in isolation or quarantine must remain at home.
All attendees will be screened at entry for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms before the event.
Angel Stadium has extended the opportunity for guests to use clear bags at commencement, so long as they meet the size guidelines below. One clear bag will be allowed per guest. In an effort to enhance public safety, all large bags, backpacks, and other carriers are prohibited from stadium entry with the following exceptions (in each case, after proper inspection):
- Purses or bags that are 4.5" x 6.5" with a single zipper closure/flap (approximately the size of an adult hand) or smaller
- Clear bags no larger than 12.75” x 6.5” x 12.75”
- Medically necessary items, including diaper bags
Please note the examples in the graphic above are for reference only. It is not required that bags be team-affiliated. Other than the above-noted exceptions, all other bags must be returned to the patron's vehicle.
Weather Conditions, Attire, Footwear
Ceremonies will take place in all conditions. Consider weather conditions, such as sun exposure, heat, and rain. Take appropriate precautions related to weather protection.
A portion of the procession will take place along the dirt track on the playing field. Graduates will walk through Tunnel A at an incline and climb stairs to reach their seat in the graduate section of the stands. Please plan your attire (under regalia) and footwear accordingly.
MarchingOrder Prerecorded Name and Custom Grad Slide
The university is partnering with MarchingOrder to allow graduates a professional name reading and to personalize their graduation slide. All graduates attending the ceremony must provide information to create their pre-recorded name and custom grad slide. Name pronunciation information must be provided by April 16, 2021. Graduates will be able to upload a photo and quote to customize their graduate slide. Grad slide submission deadline has been extended to May 7. These slides can be displayed at the Graduate Recognition Stages in the stadium parking lot and will be available on the commencement website to view, download, and share beginning commencement week.
Name Reading at Graduate Recognition Stage
It is important that all graduates login to MarchingOrder to offer guidance on the pronunciation of their name, ensuring their name is read correctly and this special experience is memorable for you and your guests. With the additional opportunity to have your name reading and slide utilized at the Graduate Recognition Stages in the parking lot, we have extended the deadline for name pronunciation by one week – deadline to submit the proper pronunciation of your name is now FRIDAY, APRIL 16.
Whether you are attending commencement in-person or not, or deciding whether to customize your grad slide, know that ALL graduate names are being professionally recorded by CSULB alumnus and Mortal Kombat X Announcer, Jamieson Price, MFA ‘95. Audible graduate name readings work in tandem with the visual grad slide and can be heard when activated at the Graduate Recognition Stages, as well as shared digitally from the grad slide link that will be available on the commencement website starting commencement week.
Provide guidance on the pronunciation of your name and initial the waiver by the extended deadline of FRIDAY, APRIL 16, then log back into your MarchingOrder account to finish customizing your grad slide with a photo and quote through the extended FRIDAY, MAY 7 deadline.
Create Your Account and Slide
An email was sent to 2020 and 2021 graduates via their csulb.edu student account on March 22, 2021. The email was sent from email@example.com with information on how to login to MarchingOrder. A sample grad slide is below:
Graduates will be able to upload a photo and a statement that's personal to them regarding their Beach experience. The statement can be a quote that inspired them while working toward their degree, a word of thanks to any family, friends and faculty members that helped them during their journey, or a reflection on their time as a Beach student. Deadline to complete your grad slide is FRIDAY, MAY 7.
Graduates participating in commencement will be assigned to either the Class of 2020 or Class of 2021. March 1, 2020 was the date used to determine graduating class. Students who completed their application to graduate on or before March 1 are recognized as the Class of 2020. Students completing the application after March 1 are recognized as the Class of 2021. We understand that some students may not identify with the assigned class and unfortunately this information cannot be changed. Please note that the student’s actual graduation term and year, as recognized by Enrollment Services, will be on all graduate slides displayed at the Graduate Recognition Stages at Angel Stadium and on the slide that students can download from the commencement website.
Mortar Board Decoration
Some things don’t change and that includes grads decorating their cap.
- Plan ahead and arrive early. Parking lots open 90 minutes before ceremony start time.
- Graduates are encouraged to arrive at least one-hour before their ceremony start time to allow ample time to park, enter the stadium, and join the procession line in tunnel A.
- Graduates will utilize a mobile-only entry ticket. This paperless practice will enhance guest safety, ticket security, and make it easier for graduates to manage their tickets.
- Graduates will process as they arrive, beginning one hour before their ceremony start time. Graduates will line up at tunnel A and emerge on the playing field, where guests already seated in the stands will welcome them. Graduates will step up onto and cross a platform set up just for them, then proceed to their seats. Note – guests should be seated immediately upon arrival to enjoy the procession.
- Graduates will be seated from the 100 to 400 levels based on ticket distribution and graduate class size.
- After the ceremony, exit the stadium through any gate and meet your guests at a Graduate Recognition Stage. All stages will be numbered on a map. Graduates and guests can view grad slides, hear names read, and have a photo taken by the GradImage photographers on site. After experiencing the Graduate Recognition Stage, we ask that all graduates and guests kindly make their way to their vehicles and exit the stadium parking lot.
Before, During, and After the Event
- When you enter the parking lot, please have no more people than seat belts for your two allowed vehicles.
- Staff will enforce face covering compliance throughout the event, including within the parking lots.
- No alcohol is permitted anywhere on the premises, including the parking lot and inside the stadium.
- Tailgating is not permitted.
- Graduates must be seated in their ticketed locations throughout the duration of the ceremony.
- Relocating to other sections and congregating is not permitted.
- The venue must be cleaned and disinfected prior to and after the event, particularly high touch surfaces (e.g., bathrooms). Students will be asked to orderly and immediately leave the stadium venue following the ceremony.
- Receptions before or after the graduation must comply with the restrictions within the CDPH Guidance for Gatherings appropriate to the county Blueprint tier in effect at the time.
- Each guest will be allowed to bring in one factory sealed plastic water bottle up to 16.9 ounces or one empty water container.
- No outside food is allowed inside the stadium.
- All attendees, including graduates, school administrators, or guests, must remain at least 6 feet apart at all times.
- Graduates must adhere to markers indicating 6 foot distances and people should stand on or by the markers and remain 6 feet from each other.
- To comply with the 6-foot spacing, handshaking and hugs should not occur.
- Graduates should limit the sharing or exchanging of materials (such as throwing graduation caps, "sign-in" practices, programs, gifts, flowers).
- All banners and signs brought into the stadium must meet the following guidelines: they must be in good taste (as determined by Angels Baseball personnel); cannot be commercial, political or obscene in nature; are not allowed anywhere within the playing field; may not be affixed to any ballpark wall, staff, or pole; cannot cover up any advertising in the ballpark; and must be limited in size to 3 feet tall by 12 feet wide and be made of a fire retardant material.
- No confetti, air horns, balloons
Flower Sales and 49er Shops on Site
Flower sales and preorder pickup will conveniently be available on site. Share in this commencement tradition and preorder your orchid leis and grad bouquets to pick up at the stadium the day of your ceremony. Click to view and order your grad flowers.
Additionally, the 49er Shops will conveniently be located on site and throughout the parking lot, open before, during, and after the ceremonies. Get your Beach Gear and grad gear at the stadium!
Join in the Celebration
It is no secret this year’s ceremony will look different. This will lead the entire campus community to find new ways to embrace the accomplishment of our graduate’s new degree.
Celebrating with Loved Ones
At this time, families will be able to view the graduate experience from a personal device in the parking lot, should they not be allowed inside the stadium. Included in the stadium and live stream experiences will be the live programming and graduate slides.
All attendees must comply with the current CDPH Travel Advisory.
As all attendees, including school staff, performers, students and families are counted toward any occupancy capacity limit based on current tiers, should additional seating become available, mobile entry will be provided to graduates email accounts.
Everyone is encouraged to join the excitement online through the live stream and join the conversation on socials at our hashtag #BeachGrad2020 and #BeachGrad2021
Live Stream feeds will be available at the commencement website and shared on official social media accounts.
After the live event is over, streams will be available on YouTube and linked to from the commencement website.
The facility and all stages will be accessible to persons with disabilities and provide all necessary accommodations for students and guests with special needs. ASL Interpreting will be provided at all in-person commencement ceremonies, available live at the stadium. Information regarding how students and community members can request disability-related accommodations can be found on the link below. To request disability-related accommodations, complete the Bob Murphy Access Center Event Request Form. Students and guests may request additional accommodations outside of Deaf and Hard of Hearing requests using this same form. Please note that a BMAC Event Request Form will also be required for wheel chair seating and accommodations. All accommodation requests for graduates and guests must be submitted by May 12.
ASL INTERPRETING AND CAPTIONING:
- ASL Interpreting will be featured at all ceremonies
- Students and guests will have 2 options if requiring access to closed captioning during Commencement:
- Closed captioning within the Ballpark App. See the “Closed Captioning Instructions – MLB App” attachment for instructions. Attendees are advised to bring a battery pack and/or an iPad/tablet for continual or enlarged access to the Ballpark App.
- Seating on the field in front of the Diamond Club patio. There will be TV screens in the Diamond Club patio that will have closed captioning on display, in addition to a view of the Commencement stage. Please check in with at the BMAC check in table and inform them that you will need to view closed captioning.