Apply to Graduate
If you have applied to graduate for Fall 2021, Winter 2022, Spring 2022, Summer 2022 or Fall 2022 (before the published deadlines), you will be eligible to participate in the 2022 ceremonies and your name will be listed in the Graduate Recognition program.
If you apply to graduate after March 1, you can participate in the ceremonies, but your name will not be listed in the Graduate Recognition program.
Apply to Graduate Fee
The Apply to Graduate fee is increasing to $75 for candidates scheduled to graduate in Winter 2022 through Fall 2022.
What the Apply to Graduate fee covers
This fee helps cover the costs associated with the final preparation for graduation and the awarding of a student’s degree.
The fee covers the following services:
- Degree audit and evaluation
- Creating each student’s diploma
- Mailing each student’s diploma
- The nine annual college-based commencement ceremonies that serve 71,000 graduates and guests
When the Apply to Graduate Fee is Paid
The fee is paid when you apply to graduate in your MyCSULB Student Center. The fee is a one-time charge for those ready and eligible to apply for graduation.
Fee Change Timeline
The Apply to Graduate Fee will increase from $45 to $125 over three years:
- $75 for those graduating in Winter 2022 through Fall 2022
- $100 for those graduating in Winter 2023 through Fall 2023
- $125 for those graduating in Winter 2024 through Fall 2024
- Those graduating in Winter 2025 and beyond will have their fee adjusted annually to reflect inflation as measured by the Higher Education Price Index