CSULB BUILD is hiring Graduate Mentors to start in summer of 2021. This position is a one-year commitment through the end of Spring 2022. The GM positions offer CSULB graduate students an opportunity for on-campus employment working with BUILD undergraduate students. Graduate Mentors will work an average of 15 – 20 hours per week during the summer and 10 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters at the rate of $18 per hour.
We are looking for graduate students in the CSULB Colleges of Natural Science and Mathematics, Liberal Arts, Engineering, and Health and Human Services preferably with a background in behavioral or biomedical research. Some of the duties and responsibilities expected of Graduate Mentors include:
- Facilitate the execution of the Learning Community (LC) Seminar and other training activities
- Participate in the LC and other training activities led by the Training Directors
- Provide feedback about students to Training Directors
- Lead breakout sessions with BUILD Students
- Grade student LC assignments
- Provide clerical support to track student activities, such as recording attendance, participation, etc.
- Assemble materials needed for training and outreach activities
- Provide peer-mentoring and feedback to students during breakout sessions, office hours, and individual meetings
- Participate in required GM orientation, trainings, and workshops
- Assist with BUILD events and other outreach activities
To apply, please fill out the online application by visiting the link provided below. The deadline to apply is April 19, 2021 or until positions are filled. Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis. Applicants will be contacted by e-mail if selected for an interview. If you have questions about the position, the application, or the hiring process, contact Dr. Keisha Chin Goosby at Keisha.ChinGoosby@csulb.edu/