The application for the 2021-2022 will be available in November 2020. Sign the BUILD Interest Form to receive details about upcoming Information Sessions and the application. If you are unable to attend an Info Session, the basic information presented is available on this website. To guide you through the application timeline, learn more about being a BUILD trainee, and guidance with the online application, please read through the sections below and click on the topic links. Email us at BUILD.firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question about BUILD student training and email Nicole Streicker if you have questions about the application.
Application Process Timeline
|October||First Fall Information Session|
|November||Applications Open / Second Fall Information Session|
|February||Spring Information Sessions / Application Due Feb. 26, 2021|
|April||Interviews tentatively scheduled for the week following Spring Break. Schedules can vary by College; applicants will be notified by email of schedule changes.|
|June||BUILD Scholars and Fellows Programs Begin|
Fall 2020 Informations Sessions
|Wed., Oct. 14, 2020||5 pm – 6 pm||Zoom Registration|
|Thu., Nov. 19, 2020||5 pm – 6 pm||Zoom Registration|
Information Sessions are held multiple times a year during the fall and spring semesters between October and February for one hour. Zoom registration is required. Please register in advance although you will be able to register up until the Info Session begins. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing your unique link to join the session. For questions about these sessions, please contact Keisha.ChinGoosby@csulb.edu.
These sessions provide information about the programs CSULB BUILD, LSAMP, McNair Scholars, MARC U*STAR, OURS Connects, RISE, and UROP. You can find application and additional information for the other research programs by visiting the Info Session web page.
Start the Application
Information for Prospective Students
- How to Apply: Applicaiton links, the application process timeline, how to find out more through info sessions.
- Application Elements: Find out exactly what you will need for your application.
- Find a BUILD Faculty Mentor: Search the Mentor Directory to find research mentor in your field of interest.
- BUILD Scholars Program: An overview of the BUILD Scholars program.
- BUILD Fellows Program: An overview of the BUILD Fellows program.
- Research Curriculum: Courses you can take at CSULB to prepare you for a research career.
- What is Research? This page explores and explains the different types of research.
- FAQs about a Ph.D.: Frequently asked questions about a Ph.D.
- FAQs for Applicants: Frequenlty asked questions for potential BUILD applicants.