Faculty Advisory Committee on Technology (FACT)
Faculty Advisory Committee on Technology
The purpose of the Faculty Advisory Committee on Technology (FACT) is to advise the University bodies involved in planning, development, implementation, and application of technology campus wide, including, but not limited to, Academic Technology Services (ATS), Division of Information Technology (DoIT), the College of Professional and International Education (CPIE), the Faculty Center, and the University Library on faculty and student issues related to academic technology. FACT shall also assist in the communication and collaboration between, and among, various constituencies and communities of technology users. FACT reports to the Academic Senate.
The charge of the Faculty Advisory Committee on Technology (FACT) includes, but is not limited to:
- serving as a consultative body on academic technology at CSU Long Beach;
- making recommendations regarding Academic Senate policies on academic and information technology;
- advising the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, the AVP for Academic Technology, the VP and Chief Information Officer, the Dean of the University Library, the Dean of the College of Professional and International Education, the Director of the Faculty Center, and the Academic Senate on faculty and student needs and interests, such as the use of technology to support teaching and learning, research, and faculty professional development;
- advocating for the effective and efficient utilization of resources designated for academic and information technology;
- facilitating communication among faculty, staff, students, and technology units on campus on issues related to academic and information technology.
The FACT shall consist of the following voting members:
Nine (9) faculty members recommended by the Nominating Committee for approval by the Academic Senate. Lecturers are eligible to serve on the committee.
The faculty membership shall represent the following areas:
One (1) faculty from each of the following colleges:
Arts Business Education
Health & Human Services Natural Sciences & Mathematics
Two (2) faculty members from Liberal Arts
One (1) student selected by the Associated Students to serve for one year, with the option of reappointment
One (1) non-ATS or non-DoIT staff member elected by Staff Council
In addition, the following shall be ex-officio non-voting members of the Faculty Advisory Committee on Technology:
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs or Designee
AVP of Academic Technology or Designee
VP and Chief Information Officer or Designee
The Dean of the University Library or Designee
The Dean of the College of Professional and International Education or Designee
The Director of the Faculty Center or Designee
Accessible Instructional Materials (AIM) Center Director or Designee
(18 members; 11 voting members)
Voting members shall serve staggered two-year terms with the option of reappointment. The FACT shall meet at least twice per semester, or more often if needed.
Charge updated __1-30-20_