Check out Press and Articles about programming offered by CSULB's Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- February 16, 2021: Business Wire- "The mission of the CSULB Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship (IIE) is to provide programming and guidance for innovators and entrepreneurs that leads to success."
- February 17, 2021: Long Beach Business Journal- "With the help of Wade Martin and the rest of the team at the CSULB Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship, the two Long Beach grads were able to narrow down their vision and get started on their project..."
- March 17, 2021: Daily Forty-Niner- "CSULB’s new program teaches aspiring students and local entrepreneurs social justice in business..."
- April 8, 2021: Business Wire- "The 11th annual Sunstone Innovation Challenge announced the 2021 winners after its final pitch presentations Wednesday, April 7 over livestream."
- April 20, 2021: WalletHub- "The pandemic has affected small business owners in ways that very few could have anticipated. To provide more insight, WalletHub turned to a panel of experts."
- August 24, 2021: Long Beach Post- "Opinion: The Long Beach entrepreneurship ecosystem by Ebony A. Utley, Ph.D."
- August 27, 2021: Press-Telegram "Five business owners will share $10,000 in grants, financed by the Farmers & Merchants Bank. Grant winners also receive technical assistance and coaching from Cal State Long Beach’s Institute for Innovation & Entrepreneurship, with added help from the Fuller Management Corporation."
- Our news cycle has been understandably slow in 2020 due to the world's more pressing health concerns. When we find our new normal, we will continue to post updates here.
- January 20, 2020: Closed Loop: Pushing The Recycling Boundaries, Michael Gougis, Long Beach Business Journal
- July 7, 2020: Empowering the Innovators
- November 15, 2019: Long Beach Accelerator Hosts Reception Welcoming Entrepreneurs, Investors and Partners, BusinessWire
- November 14, 2019: Relationships in the new era: avoiding false advertising, Saad Kazi, Daily49er
- November 5, 2019: Campus Connection - Show 6 featuring the 2019 Climathon, Joel Ruditsky, CSULB Dept. of Journalism & PR
- November 4, 2019: Growing Long Beach: Climathon Tackles Economic, Climate Solutions For Global Issues, Denny Cristales, Long Beach Business Journal
- October 31, 2019: Sunstone Management and CSULB Announce Sunstone Innovation Challenge
- October 27, 2019: Climathon 2019 returns to CSULB challenging food scarcity, waste and sourcing, Paris Barraza, Daily49er
- October 23, 2019: Cal State Long Beach Tackles Food Insecurity at Climathon, Gary Metzker, Grunion Gazette
- September 17, 2019: Sunstone Management and City of Long Beach Host Top Innovators with SoCalBio, Buinesswire
- August 27, 2019: Long Beach kicks off new startup accelerator, Hayley Munguia, Long Beach Press Telegram
- July 18, 2019: INSIDE LONG BEACH STATE: Innovation And Change, Dr. Jane Close Conoley, The Grunion
- July 1, 2019: Entrepreneurship: Alive and Well in America, Abella Carroll, WestCoast Magazines
- May 24, 2019: City, Investment Company, University Partner On Startup Accelerator, Theo Douglas, Techwire
- May 6, 2019: Growing Long Beach: Workshop Series Teaches Locals How To Build Their Businesses, Pierce Nahigyan, Long Beach Business Journal
- May 6, 2019: New Startup Accelerator Plans To Bring Tech Boom To Long Beach, Alena Maschke, Long Beach Business Journal
- April 23, 2019: Campus Connection - Show 9 featuring the 2019 Innovation Challenge, Ty Spence, CSULB Dept. of Journalism & PR
- April 18, 2019: Announcing the Long Beach Accelerator
This frameset document contains:
- April 18, 2019: Long Beach State, city aims to help entrepreneurs, Andrew Edwards, CSULB
- April 18, 2019: Long Beach and CSULB will launch initiative to help entrepreneurs develop start-ups, Hayley Munguia, Press Telegram
- April 18, 2019: Cal State Long Beach announces fellowship, tech incubator partnerships at economic forum, Jason Ruiz, Long Beach Post
- April 18, 2019: Long Beach Public-Private Partnership Announces City's First Startup Accelerator, Yahoo Finance
- April 17, 2019: Campus Connection - Show 8 featuring the 2019 Innovation Challenge, Leslie Veliz, CSULB Dept. of Journalism & PR
- April 17, 2019: Cold Brew Delivered to Your Dorm? A Cal State Long Beach Startup Hopes to Do Just That, Emily Rasmussen, Long Beach Press-Telegram
- April 12, 2019: Students brew a new idea for a membership company, Andrew Edwards, CSULB
- April 10, 2019: Innovative Students Pitch Big Ideas For $50,000 Prize, Ashleigh Ruhl, Grunion Gazette
- March 11, 2019: Kiva Long Beach Gives a Boost to Fitness Start-Up Gravity Ball Health Systems, Samantha Mehlinger, Long Beach Business Journal
- March 4, 2019: Innovations Spark Conversation at Health and Tech Day, Janis Carr, CSULB
- October 15, 2018: Event Discusses Dangers, Benefits Of Technology During Domestic Violence Awareness Month, Stephanie Stutzman, Grunion Gazette
- October 15, 2018: A safe space for domestic violence survivors and allies, Karla Lopez, Daily 49er
- August 11, 2018: From college to CEO: how CSULB is kickstarting student startups, Valerie Osier, Long Beach Post
- August 2, 2018: Biz Brief: Long Beach To Use $100,000 Grant For Job Growth Programs
- June 15, 2018: Biz Brief: Long Beach Organizations Promoting Business Program In Competition For Grant
- June 1, 2018: Long Beach partners with nonprofits for small business crowdfunding campaign, Louis Casiano, Orange County Register
- April 25, 2018: CSULB Regional Economic Forum
- March 16, 2018: 2018's Best & Worst Small Cities to Start a Business, Adam McCann, Wallehub.com
- March 7, 2018: Don Your Headset Long Beach State Celebrates Virtual Reality with Day of Technology, Emily Thornton, Grunion Gazette
- Februrary 26, 2018: New Innovation Institute Hopes to Build Up Economic Entrepreneurial Foundation, Brandon Richardson, Long Beach Business Journal