Three CFS PeopleSoft classes now offered by CMS Finance provide foundational finance information for employees. Also, to address topics not already covered in a training class, you can now request one-on-one training assistance for CMS PeopleSoft or Data Warehouse tasks just by emailing email@example.com and describing the content you need to learn.
Chartfields, Speedcharts and Approvals
Attendees will gain a fundamental understanding of the chartfield structure, the use of speedcharts and the approval processes for spending money on campus. This class provides
- an introduction to CSULB business units, ledgers and funds
- definitions of the chartfield values that form the Chart of Accounts
- an explanation for the use of speedcharts with campus chargeback providers
- an understanding of Signature Authority & Delegation of Authority (DOA)
- the process for looking up names in the Delegation of Authority (DOA)
Requisition and Purchase Order Inquiries
Attendees will learn how to look up and review requisitions, purchase orders and related documents. This class provides
- an explanation of the Requisition to Payment Lifecycle
- an introduction on how to search for Requisition or Purchase Order Status
- available options for reviewing remaining balances and associated documents for a Purchase Order (PO)
Accounts Payable and Payment Inquiries
Attendees will learn how to look up vouchers associated with an individual who travels plus review supplier vouchers (1) attached to PO and (2) not attached to a PO (stand alone), and any documents related to the voucher.
- Understanding the difference between invoices and vouchers
- Inquiring on paid and pending vouchers
- Review Payment Status and related documents
Redesign of Procurement & Contractual Services Forms
There have been 3 new updates to the Procurement & Contracts Forms. Please only utilize the forms located in the SSO Forms page for the most up to date required information. We will be moving more forms to the DocuSign format and as we update we will notify you via this News page.
- The new Electronics & Information Technology (E&IT) form has been formatted to request information that that will help streamline our approval process. This now includes Security and Campus equipment standards. This new formatted E&IT checklist format will mirror the questions that will be asked in the new online E&IT Checklist that will be released in the near future on Team Dynamics, located on the IT Help chiclet in SSO. Additional information about IT procurement is available on the How to Purchase and Pay Technology page.
- The Emergency Purchase request form has been updated to a non-paper electronic approval through DocuSign. When an emergency requires the immediate procurement of supplies, equipment or service, without the taking of formal bids, this emergency authorization shall be attached to the requisition. Emergency, as used in the Public Contract Code, means a sudden, unexpected occurrence that poses a clear and imminent danger, requiring immediate action to prevent or mitigate the loss or impairment of life, health, property, or essential public services.
- The Tax Pre-Authorization Review Form is necessary whenever purchasing goods or services from an International vendor. This form has also been converted over to DocuSign for easy approval routing. This form will need to be attached to these purchases with a foreign vendor once it has been approved. Additional information about IT procurement is available on the How to Purchase and Pay International Goods or Services page.
If you have further questions, please email PURCHASING@csulb.edu.
CSU Travel Restrictions Update – April 2019
On Tuesday, April 2, Attorney General Becerra announced that South Carolina has been added to the list of states restricted by AB 1887. Per the announcement, it is effective April 15, 2019. Link to the press release.
Current list of the travel restricted states:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina (effective 4-15-19)
- South Dakota
If you need additional information regarding travel to one of these states, please review our Accounts Payable and Travel page.