In order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the Garden for all visitors, we ask you to take the following rules into consideration. You will be asked to stop and/or leave if our staff deems your activity distracting for public hours during your visit.
- No food or drinks are allowed. Unfortunately, the Garden is not able to accommodate picnic lunches.
- Only service animals are allowed into the Garden.
- Running is prohibited.
- Only feed the fish with food provided by the Garden. Koi food is available at certain times of the day. See our schedule for more details.
- No dumping of animals of any kind into the pond (i.e. fish, turtles, etc.)
- Do not throw anything into, or attempt to retrieve something from, the pond. If you drop something in, let the Garden staff know and they will retrieve it for you.
- Bikes are not allowed inside the garden. Please leave your bike with staff in the courtyard.
- All forms of smoking are prohibited.
- Please stay on the pathways at all times. Please do not step over barriers, climb trees, enter waterfall areas, or step into the raked rock garden.
- Do not hang on to or hang anything off of branches.
- Do not pick parts off of any of our plants or trees.
- Noncommercial photography is permitted during public hours, but the usage of a tripod, props, light reflectors, or other large equipment is not. Please no professional photography without a photography permit, or advance approval from the garden director.
- No costumes, bridal dresses, gowns or traditional dressings of a country or culture are allowed in the Garden. While we respect the traditions of our guests, we do not want to detract from the experience for other guests.
- Sketching and watercolor painting are allowed if all art materials are on a protective sheet to avoid staining sidewalks and benches. No oil painting is allowed.
Thank you for your cooperation!