The Most Common Student Questions and Answers about GWAR and GPE

GWAR Placement Exam (GPE) Waiver

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the CSULB campus will not offer the GPE during Spring 2021.  To avoid roadblocks or delays to graduation, impacted student groups are waived from the exam and allowed to progress to their required Writing Intensive course once they have completed 60 units. This waiver includes undergraduate students who were registered for the cancelled April 2020 GPE

Impacted Students Waived from GPE

  • New transfers for Fall 2020, Spring 2021 as well as returners and returning transfer students
  • Continuing undergraduate students who earned 30 or more units by the end of Winter 2021


Printable Word document version of this page is available.

There are two categories for these questions and answers:

  • A. I have taken the GPE and have a question.
  • B. I need to take the GPE and have a question.

A. I have taken the GPE and have a question.