UWC Offers Online Writing Appointments
The University Writing Center is currently offering online writing tutoring appointments via Zoom. Students can make an appointment via SSC-Advising & Tutoring by following these directions (PDF). If you are having trouble doing so, please email us at email@example.com.
Read below for information on how to prepare for your Zoom writing tutoring appointment.
The UWC offers 45-minute tutoring appointments Monday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
How Do I Prepare For My Zoom Tutoring Appointment?
After students make an appointment, they will receive a confirmation email containing the Zoom meeting link.
Students will need to share their drafts with tutor through Zoom screen sharing, Google Docs, or Microsoft Online. (Papers cannot be emailed directly to tutors.)
Become familiar with sharing features of Zoom and Google Docs below.
What Are Your Policies Regarding Appointments, Cancellations, and No Shows?
In order to ensure fair access to the writing center, we adhere to the following rules regarding appointments:
- Students are limited to one appointment per day and a maximum of two per week.
- Students must cancel appointments at least 3 hours in advance.
- Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org if they are running late. We can hold the appointment for up to 15 minutes.
- Students who do not show up for an appointment, who are more than 10 minutes late, or who cancel within 3 hours of their appointment will be considered “No Shows.”
- Students who have accrued 2 No Shows in any given semester will be blocked from the online appointment scheduling system and will have to email email@example.com to make appointments which can cause delays.
- Students who consistently fail to show up for appointments or cancel their appointments may lose their tutoring privileges.
What Should I Bring to My Appointment?
- The writing assignment or prompt
- All the writing/thinking/notes you have done thus far