The UWC offers 45-minute tutoring appointments Monday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
How Do I Make an Appointment?
- Call in to the writing center at (562) 985-5162 (voicemail requests will not be honored)
- Stop by the reception desk at the UWC
(Online appointments coming soon!)
How Many Appointments Can I Make?
In order to ensure fair access to the writing center, we adhere to the following rules regarding appointments:
- Students are limited to one appointment per day and a maximum of two per week
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late will lose their appointment to a student who is looking for a drop-in session. For students who call and inform us that they are running late, we can hold their appointment for up to 15 minutes.
- Students who do not show up for an appointment, who are more than 10 minutes late, or who cancel within one our of their appointment will be considered “No Shows.” Students who have accrued 2 No Shows in any given semester will be blocked from the online appointment scheduling system and will have to call in or make an appointment in person.
- Students who consistently fail to show up for appointments or cancel their appointments may lose their tutoring privileges.
What Should I Bring to My Appointment?
- The writing assignment or prompt
- All the writing/thinking/notes you have done thus far