Eligibility & Application
TRIO-Student Support Services (SSS)
Is a federally-funded program designed to assist students who are low-income, first-generation to attend college, or have a documented disability; and who demonstrate academic need and the motivation to achieve their maximum potential in higher education.
You must meet the following eligibility requirements, to be considered for TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) at California State University, Long Beach (CSULB). The information you provide is confidential and used to determine eligibility to the program.
- A U.S Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student at CSULB
- Not currently participating in the CSULB Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
- Demonstrates an academic need
- Must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Considered low-income based on federal income guidelines
- First generation college student (the student's parent or guardian has not earned a 4-year college degree)
- Have a documented disability (disclosure is voluntary and confidential)
How to Apply
If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above you are encouraged to apply!
- Complete the TRiO Student Support Services application
- Submit the TRiO Student Support Services application
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: TRiO Student Support Services
1250 Bellflower Blvd., Student Success Center, Suite 280 (SSC-280)
Long Beach, CA 90840
Admitted students will be invited to attend a mandatory orientation to secure program enrollment.
- Applicants are notified through their CSULB student email account. CSULB requires all University official communication to be sent to the students' assigned CSULB email address
- Orientation sessions will be held once a month