Student Programs and Services
GEAR UP ADVANCES EQUITY BY GIVING ALL STUDENTS ACCESS TO RESOURCES IN THE MOST INCLUSIVE ENVIRONMENT POSSIBLE.
We are committed to closing the opportunity and access gaps for low-income, first-generation, and under-represented students in the Norwalk La Mirada School district. Our team uses a Multi-tiered System of Support to accelerate student college readiness through supplemental programs and to expand the capacity of schools to create college going cultures.
Programs and Services include:
- Individual and small group tutoring sessions
- Preparing for college (e.g. choosing a college, selecting a major, etc.)
- Career exploration, preparation, and application
- FAFSA, financial aid, and financial literacy assistance
- College fairs and college tours
- College application assistance
- Belongingness and Wellbeing activities
- Summer Academies
- Cultural Enrichment Trips
- And more!