There are many steps involved in earning a graduate degree, from enrollment to the completion of a culminating experience. The outline below lists the important milestones graduate students must complete to earn their degree.
- The Degree Planner helps students map their entire academic path to graduation. This online tool can be accessed through MyCSULB via Single Sign-on.
- Students can register for courses through MyCSULB. Course descriptions can be found in the University Catalog. The Schedule of Classes lists course offerings by term.
- Dissertations are usually the culminating activity for doctoral programs.
- Theses, projects, and/or comprehensive exams are usually the culminating activity for master’s degree programs. Consult with the graduate advisor for details.
- Thesis and Dissertation Office provides formatting guidelines and offers pre-submission consultations for master's projects and theses and doctoral dissertations. There are submission deadlines for each term.