Welcome to CSULB
California State University, Long Beach offers a wide variety of graduate degrees geared toward both full-time and part-time students. About 6,000 students are currently enrolled in graduate programs in more than 65 fields. Potential applicants are encouraged to browse department and program websites as well as the University Catalog.
California State University, Long Beach, known nationally as "The Beach," is a hub of cultural and intellectual diversity. The 322-acre campus is designed to encourage student involvement and success. Eighty buildings, housing 63 academic programs, harmonize with architecture, landscaping, and environmental sculptures to create an environment of unparalleled access to success. The campus is located in Southern California, one of the most diverse and vibrant regions of the United States.
- CSULB offers a variety of masters and doctoral, as well as certificate and credential, programs that are housed across the campus’ seven colleges.
- Graduate & Professional Schools Fair brings together representatives from various graduate and professional schools every year to introduce students to different post-graduate opportunities at other institutions, their admissions procedures, and how to finance them. This event is free for the CSULB and local community.
- To qualify for admission to a post-baccalaureate program, applicants must meet the University's admission requirements for graduate standing and the professional, personal, academic, and additional requirements of the specific program.
- Visit Cal State Apply - Graduate to submit the University admission application by the program’s application deadline. The CSU does not offer application fee waivers for graduate school applicants. CSULB graduates or candidates are subject to the same conditions and deadlines as all other applicants; they must re-apply to CSULB through Cal State Apply. The CSULB Admissions Office will send applicants an email notification to acknowledge receipt of the university application.
- Graduate Center supports prospective students with the application process. Graduate Center staff are available to help revise application documents on an appointment and drop-in basis.
- Office of International Education and Global Engagement has information about applying to graduate studies at CSULB for international students. Students with a degree comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree and hoping to advance their studies are considered graduate students. Only students who have earned their bachelor’s degree, or are in progress to earn their bachelor’s degree by the beginning of their CSULB program, are eligible to apply for graduate studies.