- GEOL 341 - Paleontology and Biostratigraphy
- GEOL 450 - Summer Field Geology
- ES&P 400 - California Environmental Issues
I have a well equipped macrophotography lab for the study and illustration of graptolites. I am regularly in the field in Nevada and Argentina. U-Pb geochronology of zircons is carried out with colleagues and instrumentation at the University of Arizona and UCLA.
I currently serve as Vice-chair of the International Commission on Stratigraphy (2000-2008) and previously served as Chair of the ICS Subcommission on Ordovician Stratigraphy (1996-2004). I also serve as co-Director of the Environmental Science and Policy degree programs.
- Paleogeographic and geotectonic history of the Argentine Precordillera based on U-Pb geochronology of detrital zircons from Cambrian to Carboniferous sandstones
- Late Ordovician mass extinction
- stratigraphy and structure of the Roberts Mountains allochthon of north-central Nevada
- paleobiology and biostratigraphy of graptolites