Thank you for all who attended and supported the Saturday, October 13 event, which showcased six mid-century gems in Long Beach, CA. This fundraising event benefitted UAM exhibitions, art education, student programs, collection conservation, and community engagement. The UAM thanks attendees, supporters, and sponsors for their generosity.
The 2018 UAM Modern Architecture Tour featured self-guided tours through the following sites:
- Gibbs & Gibbs Office, by Donald Gibbs (1963)
Sponsored by Swinerton Builders
- The Mcwilliams Residence, by John W. McWilliams (1958)
Supported by Nicolai Real Estate
- The Killingsworth Residence, by Edward A. Killingsworth (1961)
Sponsored by Studio One Eleven
- Clock, Waestman, Clock Law Offices, by Killingsworth, Brady, Smith (1957)
Sponsored by Dunn-Edwards Paints
- The Pekrul House, 1968 addition to 1924 bungalow by Paul Tay for owners Gus and Carolee Pekrul
Sponsored by Kelly Sutherlin McLeod Architecture, Inc.
- The White House, collaboratively designed by architect Bill Lockett and owner Dr. Katherine White (1957)
Sponsored by Clark Construction
Thanks to Sylvia and Ronnie Hartman for their generosity and hospitality in opening their home for the Garden Party. It was an evening of thanks, with an elegantly catered spread, signature cocktails by The Stache Bar, and opportunities to socialize with UAM supporters. This fundraiser also featured private art collection tours and live jazz music from Miscellaneous Magic.
Special thanks to architectural photographer Darren Bradley, whose photos make up this website banner, and program writer Sarah Gilbert Locke for their valuable pro bono services.
Also, the UAM is grateful for its Advisory Board and Committee members, who helped develop and plan this fundraiser. The museum is indebted to you.
Thank you to our Sponsors!
Anne Olsen Daub
Art Design Resources
First American Title
Frederick Fisher and Partners
J. Gursey Coffee
J&L Fine Jewelry
Unique California Property
The Wahlberg Group
Welch & Associates
49er Shops Bookstore