Check in, become a member
When you check in at the Museum as a visitor you become a member.
We value your visit and engagement.
The Museum relies on support from grants, individual gifts, and contributions of time and resources to serve students, the campus, and the public. Supporters directly fund the only art museum in Long Beach that is always free. Your generosity helps the Museum curate exhibitions, offer hands-on art learning activities, care for an extraordinary publicly owned art collection, and facilitate an array of complimentary education programs.
Join as a member today by contacting Membership Coordinator Shirley Brilliant. If you would like to learn how to donate today or plan a future gift to the Museum, please contact Director Paul Baker Prindle.
Enjoy museum store discounts and access to exhibitions, lectures, publications, and events that focus on contemporary art when you join our member community. Members are invited to events that explore Museum collection objects and stories. Being a member is a rewarding way to engage in support of the Museum, the University, and Community.
Friend Member (Free)
Includes many benefits:
- First access to videos, lectures, events, workshops, and more
- Reciprocal membership at more than 100 university museums across the country
(College and University Art Museum Reciprocal Membership Program)
- 10% off retail purchases, Museum travel, and special events
- Museum E-publications and invitations delivered to your inbox
- Access to member hours at the Museum
- Opportunity to join the Docent Council
- A guarantee that we will never sell or give your information to any other organization. Free memberships are truly a free way for us to stay in better touch with our community—nothing more and nothing less.
Membership Questions? Contact Shirley Brilliant, Membership Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Museum’s Volunteers provide key support to the museum and its education programs. Volunteers contribute invaluable assistance in facilitation of art educational programs for K-12 students and our Public Art Park tour program. They also reinforce the museum’s commitment to providing all visitors—students, seniors, adults, and children—with a positive experience and an opportunity to engage with contemporary art on a variety of levels.
Thank you to our Sponsors
Arts Council for Long Beach
City of Long Beach
Associated Students Incorporated Instructionally Related Activities Fund
Pasadena Art Alliance
Port of Long Beach
Rumba Foundation of Long Beach