Receiving & Mail Services
Receiving and Mail Services is responsible for the sorting and distribution of incoming/outgoing mail for the campus. Our department is committed to delivering all mail by 2 p.m.
New Postal Rates 2022
The U.S. Postal Service has increased postage rates for select USPS mailing and shipping services effective January 9, 2022. Receiving and Mail Services on campus has increased our rates accordingly in order to account for these changes. For a full list of the new USPS rates, please visit the 'USPS 2022 Price List'.
Please note that campus mail services are for official campus business only. Sending and receiving personal packages through the campus mail system is strictly prohibited. Please use the USPS drop boxes located on campus for sending personal mail. Additionally, our office does not provide retail mail services such as selling stamps. Please contact the University Bookstore if you need to purchase postage or need other shipping services.
For sending mail to a student living in on-campus housing, please refer to the University Housing & Residential Life website for how to properly address mail to our Residence Halls.
- USPS Postal Pricing
- U.S. ZIP Codes
- Mail dropped off at Receiving and Mail Services by 2:00 p.m. will be processed and sent out the same day.
- Official U.S. Postal Office mailboxes are located at Brotman Hall and the upper campus loop. Pickup is at 3:00 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10:00 a.m. on Saturday. There is no pickup on Sunday or holidays.
- Campus Mail Distribution
- Special services (certified, delivery confirmation, Insured, registered)
- Processing outgoing mail
- Priority Mail
- First-Class Mail
- Presorted First-Class Mail and Standard Mail
- Book rate
- International Mail
- Library rate
- USPS and UPS shipping
- Standard Mail and nonprofit mail
- Barcodes for Mailing
- Please contact the Beach Print Shop for a quote
- How to Properly Address Interdepartmental Mail
- How to Properly Address Mail to the University
- How to Address Outgoing Envelopes and Packages
- Guidelines for Authorized Use of Permit
Track Your Shipment
Amazon at The Beach
Amazon at The Beach offers a secure and convenient location for the CSULB community to pickup and return Amazon orders. Amazon at The Beach is located outside of the University Bookstore accessible from Parking Lot E10. For more information, please contact the University Bookstore.
Work Orders for Large Items/Shipments
A work order with the Campus Movers will need to be placed for the following items:
- Any items over a significant weight limit or requires special handling
- High value items
- Items that are crated up or need items needing installation by the vendor
- Furniture or large order of chairs
- Shipments of computers on multiple pallets
To arrange moving of such items to your area, please contact Beach Building Services Customer Service at (562) 985-4828 or email BeachBuildingServices@csulb.edu. Please have a SpeedChart ready when arranging the work order for your items.