Effective Mentoring in Multicultural Settings
- Friday, November 15, 1 - 3pm;
- ALL NEW content, videos, and research.
- Identify the significance of conversational empathy in situations involving diverse communities.
- Clarify the role of empathic concern in supportive communication with members of distinct cultural groups.
- Facilitate expressions of concern for members of different traditions, using helpful or supportive messages.
The workshop discusses original research, demonstrating how faculty members can respond empathically in conversations with diverse students to cultivate compassion in university settings. With an empathy-based framework as a foundation, the session demonstrates how professors can respond humanely in conversations with members of different cultural groups, and thereby, promote ethical conduct, compassion, and proactive social change in academic communities.