Effective Mentoring in Multicultural Settings
- Tuesday, September 17, 12 – 2 pm;
- ALL NEW content, videos, and research.
- Identify the significance of conversational empathy in situations involving diverse communities.
- Clarify the role of empathic concern in supportive communication with members of distinct cultural groups.
- Facilitate expressions of concern for members of different traditions, using helpful or supportive messages.
- Earn 2 CEUs [for Health Educator Certifications (CHES)].
The workshop discusses original research, demonstrating how faculty members can respond empathically in conversations with diverse students to cultivate compassion in university settings. With an empathy-based framework as a foundation, the session demonstrates how professors can respond humanely in conversations with members of different cultural groups, and thereby, promote ethical conduct, compassion, and proactive social change in academic communities.