Acknowledging BUILD in Your Publications
For those working on publications resulting in part from BUILD related support:
- Please keep in mind that NIH requires that all research publications and presentations supported by BUILD funding must acknowledge the support with words such as: “This work was supported by the National Institute of General Medical Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under Award Numbers UL1GM118979, TL4GM118980, and RL5GM118978. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.”
Mentors must include the acknowledgment statement with all three award numbers on your publications and presentations if you received any of the following support from BUILD:
- Mentor Appreciation funds and support for the work performed by BUILD student trainees
- Research Stimulation Grant or Collaborative Research Stimulation Grant
- Small- and Mid-Size Equipment awards
- Use of Sony SH800 cell sorter (in MLSC 222) and Stereolithography 3D printer (in ET 243).
Once your publication has been accepted, remember that federal regulations also require all publications resulting from NIH support be submitted to PubMed Central. You can find instruction to get the PMCID number for the publication at www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc. We will need the PMCID number for our next report to NIH. Per NIH Public Access Policy, the publications should also become available to the public after one year.
In addition, please let us know about your publication so we can feature you and your trainees in a future issue of the BUILD Research Mentors News newsletter. Send your publication information, along with your trainee names to Keisha Chin-Goosby.